out of question
毫无疑问
He's out of question the best student in the whole class.
毫无疑问,他是班级最优秀的学生。
It's out of question that she can pass the final exam.
毫无疑问,她能通过期末考试。
02
out of the question
不可能
It's out of the question to arrive there on time.
准时到达那里是不可能的。
I was hoping we could eat here tonight, but it looks like that's out of the question.
我希望今晚我们能在这里吃饭,但是看来是不可能了。
A: David, I just got home and I found the house was in a mess. What's going on?
大卫,我刚回到家,我发现家里一片狼藉,这是怎么回事?
be in a mess表示“乱糟糟,一团糟”
B: It's out of the question. I just cleaned the house yesterday.
不可能,我昨天刚刚打扫了房子。
A: Did someone steal here? Should I call the police?
难道有人来家里行窃了?我要不要报警?
B: Jenny, look if our valuables are in a safe, and there are some cash in the drawer of the bedroom, and you should have a check.
Jenny,你先看看我们的贵重物品在不在保险柜里,还有卧室的抽屉里有一些现金,你看看在不在。
have a check表示“检查”
A: Okay. No, David, we are really stolen. The cash is gone, but there's no sign of the safe being broken.
好的,大卫。糟糕,我们家里真的遭窃了。现金没有了,但是保险柜没有被撬开的痕迹。
no sign of...没有...的痕迹
B: Don't worry, I'll ask for a leave right now to get home.
你别着急,我现在马上请假赶回家中。
ask for a leave请假
A: What should I do? Should I clean the house?
我应该做什么?我要把房子打扫一遍吗?
B: No. We have to call the police, so we need to keep the scene.
不需要,我们要报警,所以要保留现场。
keep the scene保留现场
A: Okay, I take your point. How long will it take you to get home?
好的,我听你的,你大概多久能到家?
B: Half an hour is oK if there is no traffic jam.
如果不堵车半个小时。