Glad you could make it
很高兴你能来
Mike made it to a hospital
迈克抵达一家医院。
make it
成功达成某事
John made it as a professional basketball player.
约翰成功当上了职业篮球员。
bite the bullet
忍痛开始解决某事
A: Wow, I love your new home. Thanks for inviting me over to take a look.
哇,我好喜欢你的新家,谢谢你邀请我来参观。
B: Glad you could make it. Make yourself at home.
很高兴你能来,别客气。
A: Thanks. After seeing your cool new apartment, it's gotten me thinking. I should bite the bullet and buy a house too.
谢谢,看到你这间炫酷的新公寓后,我开始思索了,我也该忍痛买房了。
B: Great idea.
这点子不错。
A: How do I go about it? I wouldn't know where to start.
我该怎么做呢?我不知道从哪儿开始。
B: The most important things are location location and location.
最重要的是就是地点,地点和地点。
A: You sure did choose a great location——next door to a park and a five minute-walk from a school.
你的确选了一个很棒的地点在公园旁边,而且离学校五分钟的路程。
B: Well, I've been flipping houses for years, so I have a lot of experience choosing the best locations to buy properties.
是的,我炒房已经好几年了,所以选择最好的地段购买房地产,这方面我经验丰富。