实用句子
Can you tell me where I can catch the number 8 bus, please?
您能不能告诉我8路车在哪儿?
catch有“赶上”的意思
Hurry up or we'll miss it.
快点,不然我们就赶不上了。
miss表示“未赶上;错过”
We should buy return tickets because they are much cheaper than getting two singles.
我们应该买往返票,这样比两张单程票要便宜。
Conversation
A: So, how should we get to the theater?
咱们怎么去剧院?
B: Let's take the bus.
坐公共汽车吧。
A: I hate the bus system in London. The bus drivers are rude, the buses are never on time, and there are few people around who can help you.
我讨厌伦敦的公交车体系,公共汽车司机总是很无理。而且从来都不按时到达,周围也没有什么人能帮忙。
B: It's not that bad. You probably just had a bad experience once.
没那么糟糕吧,大概你以前有过一次很糟的精力,
A: It wasn't just once. Every single time I take the bus, something bad happens to me or to someone else on the bus.
可不止一次,每次我坐公共汽车总会遇到什么点状况,不是我就是车上的其他人。
B: We could take the subway. But we have to go three stops along the line, and then change trains twice.
那咱们可以去坐地铁,但是得沿着一条线坐三站。然后还得换乘两次。
A: Train fares are twice as expensive as the bus fares, too.
地铁票价可是公共汽车的两倍呢。
B: If we don't hurry up, we'll miss the show. Shall we take the bus?
如果咱们再不抓紧时间,可是误了这场演出了,坐公共汽车怎么样?
A: We are already late, so I think we had better take a taxi.
咱们已经晚了,我想最好还是打辆出租车吧。
B: I don't think we'll be able to find a taxi very easily during the rush hour. Let's just take the bus.
我觉得在交通高峰期,叫出租车不是那么容易的事,还是坐公共汽车吧。
A: Fine. Have a look at the timetable to find out when the next one arrives.
好吧。查看时间表,看看下一班几点到。
B: It looks like it should be here in just a few minutes. Don't worry, nothing bad will happen. I'll even buy your ticket for you.
好像还有几分钟就来了,别担心不会出什么状况的,我还可以替你买票。
A: Thanks. That was nice of you.
谢谢,你真好。