Conversation:
A: Hello, Arthur. What seems to be the problem?
嘿,亚瑟,你怎么了?
B: Hey doc. Well, I think I might need glasses. I'm getting headaches and I really struggle to see things that are far away. But I have always had 20/20 vision.
嗨,医生。我想我或许需要一副眼镜。我头很痛,真的很难看清远处的东西。但我的视力一直很好呀。
A: Sounds like you may be far-sighted. Okay, then cover your left eye and read the chart in front of you.
这样听起来,你可能患了远视。这样,遮住左眼,读下你前面的图表。
B: Umm...X, E, R, 3, a question mark, and I can't quite make out the other symbol, but I think it's the peace sign.
嗯,X, E, R,3, 问号?还有,这个符号看得不是很清楚,但我猜它是和平的标志啊。
A: Wow, Arthur! You're as blind as a bat.
亚瑟,你的视力糟糕透了。
B: Yeah, I know my vision is really blurry at times.
是的,我知道我的视线有时真的很模糊。
A: Okay, then, head on over to the other room and pick out some frames while I fill out your prescription.
好,那么你去另一个房间挑选一些镜框,我开一下你的处方。
B: Thanks, doctor!
谢谢医生。
A: Arthur, that's the bathroom.
亚瑟,那是卫生间啊。
1.
struggle努力;斗争;抗争
struggle to do努力做...;艰难地...
She's struggling to bring up a family alone.
她独自一人艰难地养活一家人。
2.
far-sighted
远视的
near-sighted/short-sighted
近视的
3.
far away from...
离...远
That's my first trip far away from home.
这是我第一次出远门旅游。
Is the bus stop far away from here?
车站离这里远吗?
4.
twenty twenty vision
视力好
(the ability to see perfectly)
The optician told me I had twenty-twenty vision.
验光师说我视力极好。
5.
blurry
模糊不清的
My blurry vision makes it hard to drive.
我的视力有点模糊,使得开起车来相当费劲。
6.
as blind as a bat
视力差的
Sorry, I forgot my glasses and I'm as blind as a bat now.
不好意思,我忘记带眼镜了,不戴眼镜我几乎什么都看不清楚。
7.
pick out
挑选出;辨认出
She went to the department store to pick out some gifts for her friends.
她到百货公司挑选一些礼物给她的朋友。
pick up
捡起;(开车)接;学会;染上(疾病)
Can you pick up your toys on the ground?
你能捡起地上你的玩具吗?
Can you drop me off at the gate? I'll pick up my son.
能在大门让我下车吗?我要接儿子。
He is a fast learner. He picked up French very quickly.
他学东西很快。他很快就学会了法语。
He picked up a virus when he was in Africa.
他在非洲时感染了病毒。