A: I haven't got enough evidence for prosecuting him.
我没有足够的证据起诉他。
B: Why don't you find someone who is in the know?
你为什么不找个熟悉内幕的人呢?
A: I'm just thinking about that. But the trouble is, I do not know who is well in the know.
我正在想这个呢。但问题是,我不知道谁了解内幕。
B: Did you ask his former secretary Lora? She knows a lot about him.
你问过他以前的秘书,劳拉吗?
A: Thanks for reminding me. She's the right person to help me.
谢谢你提醒我。她是能帮助我的人。
prosecute
起诉;控告;检举
Prosecute通常是政府提起的刑事诉讼;
The police decided not to prosecute because the evidence is not strong.
警方决定不起诉,因为证据不够。
sue是个人或实体提起的民事诉讼;
The neighbor sued the construction company for noise pollution.
邻居起诉建筑公司噪音污染。
accuse则是“指控或指责”,通常是口头上的,不一定涉及法律程序。
The government was accused of incompetence.
政府被指责无能。
in the know
知情;了解内幕
If you want the latest gossip about the celebrity, talk to Jennifer, she's always in the know.
如果你想知道最新的名人八卦,找詹妮弗谈,她总是知道内情。
Somebody in the know told me he's going to resign.
有知情者告诉我他要辞职。
I heard this from somebody who is in the know.
我是从某个知情人那里听到这件事的。
I guess it's the kind of thing that only people in the know know.
我猜这是只有知道内幕的人才知道的事情。