It's the curve balls that make life interesting. (It) shows us what we're made of. And sometimes, if we're real lucky, there's a blessing waiting for us at the end of that wrong turn.
语音讲解:
今日发音练习重点:
言之有物:
1. 强调句:
结构:It is/was + 被强调部分 + that/who + 其他部分
(如果去掉It's... that,句子依然完整)
It's the curve balls that make life interesting.
曲折让生活更有意思。
→词链儿:curve balls
原指棒球运动中的 “曲线球”,在这句话里引申为“意想不到的难题、意外情况” 。
Life is full of curve balls.
生活充满了意想不到的状况。
2. 词链儿:show us what we're made of
让我们更加看清自己(的本质)
→show sb sth 给某人看某物
=show sth to sb
The children proudly showed me their presents.
孩子们自豪地给我看他们的礼物。
→what we're made of
我们由什么构成→我们的本质
Facing these challenges will show you what you're made of.
面对这些挑战会让你清楚自己究竟有多大能耐。
3. 词链儿:there's a blessing waiting for us at the end of that wrong turn.
坏事的后面,会有好事等着你
→blessing n. 幸事,幸运,福气
a blessing in disguise
因祸得福;祸中有福
→there's... waiting for us
有…… 正在等着我们
There's a beautiful view waiting for us at the top of the mountain.
在山顶有美丽的景色等着我们。
There are promises out there waiting for us if we only have the courage to name them and claim them.
世界上有许多承诺等着我们,只要我们有勇气去有求必得。
影视片段《康斯坦丁 Constantine》
We came back here. There was a woman waiting for us.
我们回来时,有个女人等着我们。
影视片段 《邪恶力量 第十二季》
→at the end of that wrong turn
在那个错误转弯的尽头(经历错误选择或偏离常规路径后的终点)
At the end of that wrong turn in his career, he finally realized his true passion.
在经历了职业生涯中那次错误的转向后,他最终意识到了自己真正热爱的事情。
活学活用:
请用 there's... waiting for us 随意造句
《纽约时刻》是由丹尼·戈登执导,艾什丽·奥尔森、玛丽-凯特·奥尔森、尤金·列维、安迪·里查克等主演的喜剧电影,影片于2004年5月1日在美国上映。该片讲述了一对疏远的双胞胎姐妹,当她们都必须去纽约参加至关重要和改变人生的事件时,一切都出了问题,她们最终一起度过了冒险和浪漫的一天。
关注微信号:TeacherGwen