Lesson 2 I Hope I didn't make a mistake
希望我没犯错误
I have some nice pictures here to show you.
我有些精彩的片子给你看。
What's wrong?Is it the TV or the video camera?
怎么了?是电视机出毛病了还是摄影机有问题?
Maybe I forgot to put film in the camera.
可能我忘了往摄影机里放带子了。
Mike,you'd never make a mistake like that.
迈克,你从未犯过这样的错误了。
There's always a first time... Ah!Here's the problem.
总有一次......啊,问题找到了。
Oh,look!I'm homesick already.
哦,快看,我都开始想家了。
Tell me.Cnnie.how was it,growing up on a farm?Was it fun?
告诉我,康妮,在农场长大是什么感觉?有趣吗?
Fun?Mostly it was a lot of work.Our days started very early.
有趣?大部分时候都得干活。我们每天起得很早。
My mother made breakfast before the sun came up.
妈妈在天亮之前就把饭做好了。
My borther and sister and I always did chores before we left for school.
哥哥、姐姐和我在去学校前还要做许多家务。
What chores did you do in the moring?
你们早晨做些什么家务?
We had to make our beds as soon as we got up.
一起床我们就要把被子叠好,
We also had to feed the animals.
还得去喂牲口。
So your mother made breakfast for you,
也就是说你妈妈给你们做早饭,
and you made breakfast for the animals?Right.
而你们给牲口做早饭?对。
Did you whole family work on the farm?
你们全家都在农场上干活吗?
Yes,Everyone pitched in.My father did most of the heavy work.
是的,每个人都得拼命干活。爸爸把大部分重活都包了。
He did the plowing.My mother did the housework.
他耕地,妈妈做家务,
She also did the yard work.She took care of the garden.
打扫院子。她不得照料花园。
Did your family make a good living on the farm?
你家在农场生活富裕吗?
We didn't make a lot of money,but we did well enough.
我们没赚多少钱。但我们过得还可以。
We had to do without a lot of things,like a TV.
那时家里缺很多东西,比如电视什么的,但也照样生活。
What did you do at night?
那你们晚上干什么?
My brother and I did the dishes in the evening.
我和弟弟晚上刷碗,然后做功课。
Then we did our homework.It was a quiet life.I miss it sometimes.
那一段安宁的日子,有时还挺怀念的。
Well,then come on.Let's get on that farm.
那么,走吧。我们去那个农场看看。
I wonder how they lived on farms years ago.
不知道前些年人们是怎么在农场生活的。
How did they do the laundry without washing machines?
没有洗衣机他们怎么洗衣服?
How did they do the ironing without electricity?
没有电,他们怎么熨衣服?
How did they make phone calls without telephones?
没有电话机他们怎么打电话?
Come on.Let's find out.I made an appointment to interview somene at three.
走吧,我们一起去看看。我三点钟有个采访约会。
A good journalist always does his homework.
好的新闻工作者总有许多准备工作要做。
I've been reading all the newspapers.I've been making phone calls all day.
我已经翻遍了所有的报纸,整天都在打电话,
I'm doing my best to find out about Abbott Larkin.
想尽办法搜集阿尔伯特。拉金的情况。
I'm giving it my best shot.but so far I haven't made any progress.
我已尽了全力,但目前还是没有任何进展。
I did a good job with the story about the merger of International Computer and NIT
关于国际计算机公司和NIT合并的报道,我做得不错
I'd like to make an appointment to speak with Abbott Larkin...
.....我想约阿尔伯特。拉金谈一下......
Hmmm...Connie's been at the farm a long time.
嗯......康妮去农场采访已经有一段时间了。
I passed up that story...
我把那个节目推了......
I hope I didn't make a mistake...I hope I did the right thing.
希望没做错......我希望自己做对了。
And this is an end of lesson 2.
第二课已经结束了。