迷你对话:
A :I didn't expect to see youat this hour. You must havegoofed offagain.
这个点无不忘看到你的。你准是开小差了。
B :Goofed off? Maybe, but I'm nota clock-watcher. I finished doing what I should do and thenknock offan hour earlier.
开小差?也许吧,可我不是老看钟点等下班的人,我干完了我要干的,提前了一小时下班。
A :You'll be sorry if you the boss finds it out. He may probablygive you the bag.
让老板知道了,你就难受了。
B :I'm sure ofwhat I'm doing.
我知道我在做什么。
词海拾贝:
at this hour 此时
Here the local were always barbered at this hour on this day.
原来本地人老是在这一天这个时候这个地方理发。
Everybody is fast asleep at this hour of the night.
夜间这个时间人人都睡熟了。
Don't worry. The traffic is very heavy at this hour.
别担心。这个时间交通很拥挤。
goof off 游手好闲;吊儿郎当, 偷懒;不认真工作
You’ll get fired if you goof off too much at work.
如果你在上班时太偷懒,你会被开除。
The employees would goof off whenever the boss wasn't around.
只要老板不在,雇员便偷懒。
a clock-watcher 老是看钟等下班的人
You're a real clock-watcher!
你这个人怎么只注意下班时间!
Because of Gordon. He's a clock-watcher so now finally we'll get him to work overtime.
因为戈登,他是个盯著时钟等下班的人,所以这样就可以让他超时工作。
knock off 停止做某事, 下班, 匆匆完成
Maybe we'd better knock off talking.
暂时就谈到这里。
They knock off one book after another.
他们很快地写出一本又一本的书 。
When do you usually knock off work for lunch?
中午,你们一般什么时候歇工吃饭?
My health compels me to knock off work.
我的健康情况迫使我停止工作。
an hour earlier 提前一小时
Could you make it an hour earlier?
请你提早一小时,好吗?
We can work in the visit to town, leaving an hour earlier.
早一个钟点动身,我们还可以到市区去看看。
give sb the bag 让某人吃不了兜着走
If you cheat on me anymore, I will give you the bag.
如果你再欺骗我,我给你颜色看。
be sure of sth 清楚...... 确信
Can I be sure of a profit if I invest?
我要是投资,肯定能获利吗?
Book early if you want to be sure of a seat.
要想十拿九稳有个座位,那就早订座。
I left a message so as to be sure of contacting her.
我留下了张条子以便与她取得联系。
备注:该节目迷你对话选自《脱口说英语》之习语口语大全,讲解部分为可可编辑原创。