万用句型背一背:
1.I'm over you.
我跟你结束了。
2.My girlfriend and I broke up.
我和我的女朋友吹了。
3.After much heart-searching they decided to separate.
他们考虑再三后,决定分手。
4.He and his girlfriend ended up split.
他和他女朋友最终分手了。
5.He is my ex-boyfriend.
我和他已经分手了。
身临其境练一练:
本对话选自《Desperate Housewives》(绝望的主妇)。对话中Susan到麦克住处道歉,结果二人又为了Susan乱翻东西以及信任的问题大吵起来。
锦囊妙语学一学:
1.Go through sth. 仔细查看某事物,检查某事物,审查某事物。
She went through the company's accounts, looking for evidence for fraud.
她仔细查看公司的账本,寻找作假的证据。
2.Let sb. In 让某人走进生活,真正接受某人。
I've been going out with him for more than two years but he never really let me in.
我跟他交往了两年多,可他从来没有真正接受过我。
3.Creepy 令人毛骨悚然的,令人不寒而栗的
What a creepy coincidence.
多么离奇的巧合!
It's very creepy to walk alone after 9 pm.
晚上九点以后独自走在街上令人感到相当害怕。