特别声明
该节目由可可原创,讲解部分由可可签约编辑编写。
视频出处
以下视频片段选自《唐顿庄园》第一季第一集。
影视片花
中英对白
Will that be all, my Lord?
没事了吗 老爷
Yes. That is, not exactly.
没了 其实还有事
Have you recovered from your fall this afternoon?
下午摔了一跤 现在没事了吧
I'm very sorry about that, my Lord. I don't know what happened.
我对此非常抱歉 老爷 不知怎么就摔倒了
The thing is, Bates, I said I would give you a trial, and I have.
事实上 Bates 我说过会试用你 也做到了
If it were only up to me... It's this question of a valet's extra duties.
要是我能做主的话 但问题在于贴身男仆的额外职责
Waiting at table when there's a large party?
您是指晚宴时服侍桌旁
That, and carrying things, and...
还有帮忙搬运行李物品 等等
You do see Carson can't compromise the efficiency of his staff?
Carson对手下人要求严格 你是清楚的
I do, my Lord. Of course I do. Might I make a suggestion?
是的 老爷 我知道 我能提个建议吗
That when an extra footman is required, the cost could come out of my wages.
如需增加男仆人手 请从我工资里扣
Absolutely not. I can't allow that.
当然不能这样
Because I am very eager to stay, my Lord. Very eager, indeed.
因为我很想留在这里 老爷 真的
I know you are. And I was eager that this should work.
我知道 我也很希望你能留下来
You see, it is unlikely that I shall find another position.
如您所见 我恐怕再找不到别的工作
But in a smaller house, where less is expected of you...
小一点的庄园 要求低一点呢
It's not likely. I mean to help until you find something.
恐怕不行 在找到工作前 我来资助你
I couldn't take your money, my Lord. Just wages for a job done.
我不能接受您的施舍 只愿按劳取酬
Very good, my Lord. I'll go at once.
好的 老爷 我这就走
There's no need to rush out into the night.
没必要急着走
Take the London train tomorrow. It leaves at nine.
坐明早去伦敦的火车 九点开
You'll have a month's wages too. That I insist on.
你将得到整月的工资 无需推辞 这很残酷
It's a bloody business, Bates, but I can't see any way round it.
Bates 但我也别无他法
I quite understand, my Lord.
我能理解 老爷