单词与短语:
1. for sb.'s sake
出于某人的考虑,看在某人的面子上,为了某人起见;也可以说for the sake of
eg. I trust you to do a good job for Stan's sake.
我拜托你看在斯坦的份上好好干。
eg. For God' s sake don' t worry me.
看在上帝份上,别使我不得安宁。
eg. For safety's sake, never stand directly behind a horse.
为安全起见,千万别站在马的正后方。
eg. You've got a computer system, for heaven's sake.
天啊,你已经装了计算机系统。
eg. Never do wrong for the sake of money.
绝不要为金钱而做坏事。
2. stop sb. from doing sth.
阻止某人做某事;
eg. I only just managed to stop myself from shouting at him.
我极力控制住自己没对他喊叫起来。
eg. There was that rush of energy and excitement and it seemed like there was nothing that could stop you from moving forward.
那股能量与激情鼓舞着你,让你觉得什么都不能阻拦你去追求梦想
3. return one's call
给某人回电话
eg. It is fitting that you should return his call.
你去回拜他是适当的。
eg. Ask him to return my call when he arrives home, please.
他到家后,请叫他给我回个电话。