特别声明
该节目由可可原创,讲解部分由可可签约编辑编写。
视频出处
以下视频片段选自《唐顿庄园》第一季第三集。
影视片花
中英对白
Anything interesting? Not particularly.
有什么趣事吗 没有
It's from Evelyn Napier.
是艾弗林·奈皮尔寄来的
You met him with the Delderfields last November at Doncaster races.
去年十一月唐克斯特赛马会 他和戴德菲尔兹一家在一起 你们见过面
Is that Lord Branksome's boy?
是布兰克森老爷的儿子吗
It is. Do you like him?
没错 你喜欢他吗
I don't dislike him.
我不讨厌他
And what's he writing about?
他信上说些什么
Nothing much, he's out with the York and Ainsty next week.
没什么 下周他要跟约克安斯提的人出去狩猎
The meet is at Downton.
集合地点就在唐顿
He'll want some tea when he's up here.
届时他会来喝杯茶
Where's he staying? With friends?
他住在哪 和朋友一起吗
He says he's found a pub that caters for hunting.
他说找了一家为狩猎提供住宿的酒吧
Well, we can improve on that.
我们能提供更好的条件
He must come here. He can send the horses up early if he wants.
让他来这里吧 早晨他可以随时备马出发
He'll know why you're asking him.
他能猜到你邀请他的原因
I can't think what you mean.
我不明白你说什么
His mother's a friend of mine. She'll be pleased at the idea.
我是他母亲的朋友 她肯定喜欢这个提议
Not very pleased, she's dead.
不怎么喜欢 她过世了
All the more reason, then.
那就更有理由邀请他了
You can write a note, too, and put it in with mine.
你可以写个便条 然后和我的一起寄出去
Should I tell him about your friendship with his late mother?
我要不要提及你与他亡母的交情
I am sure you, of all people, can compose a letter
我很确信 众人当中
to a young man without any help from me.
唯独你给年轻男子写信 用不着我帮忙