Todd: OK, hello!
托德:你好!
Alex: Hi!
亚历克斯:你好!
Todd: Hi, what's your name?
托德:你好,你叫什么名字?
Alex: Alex Cromer.
亚历克斯:亚历克斯·克罗默。
Todd: Cromer!
托德:克罗默!
Alex: Yes, sir.
亚历克斯:没错,先生。
Todd: And how do you spell that?
托德:怎么拼写呢?
Alex: C-R-O-M-E-R.
亚历克斯:C-R-O-M-E-R。
Todd: OK, and where are you from Alex?
托德:好的,亚历克斯,你来自哪里?
Alex: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
亚历克斯:宾夕法尼亚州匹兹堡。
Todd: OK, what's Pittsburgh like?
托德:好的,匹兹堡是什么样的?
Alex: Pittsburgh is, let's see, it is very quiet. It's medium size, so there's not a lot of people but enough to make it fun but you know, it's very quiet.
亚历克斯:我想想,匹兹堡非常安静。那是一个中型城市,人口并不多,但是也充满了乐趣,你知道,那里很安静。
Todd: OK, what's the best thing about Pittsburg?
托德:嗯,匹兹堡最好的是什么?
Alex: Ooh, the best thing? I'd have to say, Oakland! Oakland is a part of Pittsburgh. It's where Pittsburgh University main campus is. And there's lots of stuff to do. Lots of college kids around. It's fun to hang out.
亚历克斯:哦,最好的?那一定是奥克兰!奥克兰是匹兹堡的一个地区,是匹兹堡大学主校区所在地。那里有许多可以做的事情。附近有许多大学。在那边转转会有很多乐趣。
Todd: OK, did you go to the University of Pittsburg?
托德:好的,你上的是匹兹堡大学吗?
Alex: No sir. I go to Penn State.
亚历克斯:不是先生,我上的是美国宾州州立大学。
Todd: Oh, Penn State!
托德:哦,宾州州立大学!
Alex: Yeah!
亚历克斯:是的!
Todd: OK, are they a rival universities?
托德:嗯,它们是竞争学校吗?
Alex: Very much.
亚历克斯:绝对是竞争对手。
Todd: OK, what's the worst thing about Pittsburgh?
托德:嗯,那匹兹堡最糟糕的是什么?
Alex: Oh, well the fact that it's kind of quiet sometimes, makes it, kind of a bit boring. I mean, sometimes there is not a lot of things to do. But other than that it's OK.
亚历克斯:哦,事实上那里有时很安静,所以会有点无聊。我的意思是,有时没有什么事可做。但是除了那个,其它都很好。
Todd: What's the weather like?
托德:那儿的天气怎么样?
Alex: Ooh, it depends really. It gets really cold in winter and really hot in the summer, so it's kind of mixed.
亚历克斯:哦,那取决于是哪个季节。那里冬天的时候非常冷,但是夏天的时候又非常热,有点像混合型。