手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语口语 > 实战英语口语 > 美语情景对话 > 正文

美语情景对话 第229期:Life in England 英格兰的生活

来源:可可英语 编辑:Aimee   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Todd: OK, hello!

托德:你好!
Sarah: Hello!
萨拉:你好!
Todd: Hi, what's your name?
托德:嗨,你叫什么名字?
Sarah: My name is Sarah.
萨拉:我的名字是萨拉。
Todd: OK, and Sarah where are you from?
托德:好的,萨拉,你来自哪里?
Sarah: I'm from the north of England, Newcastle.
萨拉:我来自英格兰北部的纽卡斯尔。
Todd: OK, so Newcastle, how far is that from London?
托德:好,那纽卡斯尔离伦敦有多远?
Sarah: Um, it's about 300 miles.
萨拉:嗯,大约300英里。
Todd: Uh-huh, do you go to London a lot or have you been to London before?
托德:啊,你经常去伦敦吗,或者说你以前去过伦敦吗?
Sarah: I live in London. I've lived in London for the past seven years.
萨拉:我住在伦敦。我过去七年一直住在伦敦。
Todd: Oh, really?
托德:哦,这样啊?
Sarah: Almost seven years, yeah.
萨拉:差不多七年的时间了,对。
Todd: OK. Which do you prefer, London or Newcastle?
托德:好的。那你更喜欢哪里,伦敦还是纽卡斯尔?
Sarah: Um, like them both. I prefer Newcastle because it's smaller, so it's easier to get around and it's also cheaper. London is very expensive.
萨拉:嗯,两个地方我都喜欢。我喜欢纽卡斯尔是因为那里很小,所以很容易四处游玩,而且物价也相对便宜。伦敦物价非常贵。
Todd: So all your family is in Newcastle?
托德:那你家人还在纽卡斯尔吗?
Sarah: Um, pretty much yeah.
萨拉:嗯,差不多是这样。
Todd: So are they always trying to get you to go back and move back to Newcastle?
托德:那他们会劝你搬回纽卡斯尔住吗?
Sarah: Ah, no, no, because most of the jobs are in the south, anyway for younger people so it's quite difficult to get a job in the north in teaching.
萨拉:嗯,不会,不会,因为大部分适合年轻人的工作机会都在南方,在北方找到一份与教育相关的工作非常难。
Todd: OK. Um, what do you like about London?
托德:好的。嗯,你喜欢伦敦的什么地方?
Sarah: Ah, it's a very busy place, there's lots of things going on all the time. There's also lots of things I don't like about London, but all my friends live there lots of job opportunities.
萨拉:嗯,伦敦是一个非常忙碌的城市,有许多事情同时在进行。当然伦敦也有许多我不喜欢的地方,但是我所有的朋友都在那边,而且那里工作机会也多。
Todd: OK, what were you doing before you came to Japan in London?
托德:好,你来日本之前,在伦敦是做什么工作的?
Sarah: Ah, I was in Austria for a year. I was teaching in Austria, and then I was in London teaching, in London for a few years.
萨拉:哦,我在奥地利待了一年。我在奥地利教课,之后我回伦敦继续教课,在伦敦工作了几年的时间。
Todd: What were you teaching in London?
托德:你在伦敦教什么?
Sarah: I was teaching primary school. I was a primary school teacher.
萨拉:我在小学教课。我是一名小学老师。
Todd: Kids!
托德:孩子!
Sarah: Yeah.
萨拉:对。
Todd: So what's it like teaching kids?
托德:教孩子的感觉怎么样?
Sarah: Um, tiring. Very tiring. I prefer teaching adults. That's my preference. I've mainly taught adults in TEFL, but in the state system in England it's only been children. It's fun. It's just very tiring.
萨拉:嗯,累,非常累。我喜欢教成年人。我更偏好教成年人。我主要是用英语教授成年人,不过在英格兰的体系中,那只适用于儿童。不过这很有意思。只是会很累。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
tiring ['taiəriŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 令人疲倦的,麻烦的

 
preference ['prefərəns]

想一想再看

n. 偏爱,优先,喜爱物

联想记忆
primary ['praiməri]

想一想再看

adj. 主要的,初期的,根本的,初等教育的

联想记忆
spare [spɛə]

想一想再看

adj. 多余的,闲置的,备用的,简陋的
v.

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。