Will You Be My Friend?
做我的朋友好吗?
Cindy bean a job as an elementary school counselor and was eager to help the students.
辛迪开始在一所小学做辅导老师,她急切地想要为学生们提供帮助。
One day during recess, she noticed a girl standing by herself on one side of a playing field while the rest of the kids enjoyed a game of soccer at the other.
一天课间休息时,她注意到一个女生独自一人站在操场的一边,其他孩子们都在操场的另一边踢足球。
Cindy approached and asked the girl if she was all right.
辛迪走上去问那女孩还好吗。
The girl said she was.
女孩说没问题。
A little while later, however, Cindy noticed that the girl was in the same spot, still by herself.
可是,过了一会儿,辛迪看到女孩还是一个人站在原地没动。
Approaching again, Cindy offered, "Would you like me to be your friend?"
于是她又走过去问道:“让我做你的朋友好吗?”
The girl hesitated then said, "Okay," looking at the woman suspiciously.
女孩犹豫了一下,说:“好吧。”可还是怀疑地看着辛迪。
Feeling that she was making progress, Cindy then asked, "Why are you standing here all alone?"
觉得自己的努力取得了些进展,辛迪继续问道:“你为什么一个人站在这里?”
"Because," the little girl said with great exasperation, "I'm the goalie!"
女孩生气地答道:“因为我是守门员!”