Practice Time
练习时光
Hairdresser: Please take a seat here, Miss. Set or permanent? We give a five percent discount on perm.
理发师:小姐,请这边坐。是定型还是烫发?烫发我打九五折。
Susan: My permanent is still nice, just shampoo and set this time.
苏珊:上一次烫的发还很好。这一次就洗一洗定一下型吧。
Hairdresser: How would you like your hair styled today?
理发师:这一次要什么的发型?
Susan: I'm going out for a ball tonight, so I'd like to have my hair done in a rather elegant style.
苏珊:今晚我要参加一个舞会,所以想把头发做得高雅一些。
Hairdresser: How about putting it up with bangs in front?
理发师:梳起来前额留刘海式的怎么样?
Susan: I don't mind it that way, but my boyfriend doesn't like that style too much. He said it made my face look too round.
苏珊:我倒不在意这样做,但我男朋友不太喜欢这种样式。他说那样会使我的脸看上去太圆。
Hairdresser: What do you have in mind?
理发师:那你想做什么样的呢?
Susan: Can I see some pictures of the latest hairstyles?
苏珊:我能看看近期的发型图片吗?
Hairdresser: Sure. What about this one? It's very much in vogue now.
理发师:可以。这一款怎么样?这可是目前非常流行的。
Susan: It's beautiful. Let's try it. Oh, by the way, please make eyelashes look curly.
苏珊:是漂亮,我们试试吧。哦,对了,请把睫毛弄得看上去卷曲。
Hairdresser: Yes, Miss. Would you like a manicure?
理发师:好的,小姐。你要修指甲吗?
Susan: Yes. And I'm thinking of trying that purple nail polish to go with my dress.
苏珊:要的。而且我想试试那种紫色的指甲油来配我的衣服。
(After an hour)
(一个小时以后)
Hairdresser: Now we are done. How do you like it?
理发师:好啦。你觉得怎么样?
Susan: That's super. I wouldn't even know myself.
苏珊:好极了。我都认不出我自己了。
Hairdresser: I'm delighted that you're satisfied. You must be a knockout in the ball. I hope you'll have a wonderful time then.
理发师:你满意我很高兴。舞会上你一定会非常迷人的。希望你玩得快乐。
Susan: I'm sure I will. Thank you for the beautiful hairdo.
苏珊:肯定会的。谢谢你漂亮的发型制作。