You're friendly with Jack Porter.
你和杰克·波特关系不错
How well do you know him, exactly?
你到底有多了解他
Well, how well I know him is gonna be far less important
我有多了解他不重要 重要的是
than how he's known around town.
这附近的人怎么看他
Do we really want to
我们真的要向
suggest to the people who are gonna make up the jury pool
潜在陪审团成员暗示说
that Montauk's favorite son could be the killer?
蒙托克最受欢迎的人是凶手吗
Well, unless Amanda Clarke surfaces,
除非阿曼达·克拉克现身
we may never know exactly what happened that night.
我们谁都不清楚那晚究竟发生了什么
And the defense could paint Jack as a typically sensible man
辩护律师会把杰克描绘成一个典型的愣头青
driven to illogic by a conniving temptress.
被同谋的妖女迷得失去理智
Wouldn't be the first time.
这也不是他第一次这样了
I think Emily's got a point, though.
但我倒认为艾米莉有一点说得对
These days, a bartender makes a far less compelling target
当今 一个富人可比小酒保
than a member of the 1%.
更容易被认为是凶手
What we need is a spin doctor on our side, a good one.
我们需要的是一个优秀的公关
Somebody who can help shape the public opinion
一个可以在谣言四起之前
before arguments even start.
控制舆论走势的人
What about Mason Treadwell?
梅森·特德韦尔如何
Well, he hasn't returned any of my calls
他自从火灾那夜起
since the night of the fire.
就一直不接我电话
He seems to have vanished as well.
他似乎也凭空消失了
I'm sure another trial of the decade
我相信另一场世纪审判
could help lure him out of hiding.
可以诱使他走出藏身之所
I'm gonna look into it.
我去调查一下
Excuse me.
先失陪了