Todd: So, Steven, you're from Europe, you're from England. (Yep) Have you travelled much in England? I'm sorry, have you travelled much in Europe?
托德:史蒂文,你来自欧洲的英国。(对)英国的大部分地方你都去过吗?抱歉,我是问欧洲的大部分地方你都去过吗?
Steven: Ah, yes I have, yeah. Um, when I was 18 and 20 I travelled all around Europe by train.
史蒂文:是的,我去过很多地方旅行。我18岁和20岁的时候坐火车游遍了欧洲。
Todd: Oh, wow, sounds fun.
托德:哦,哇,听上去很有趣。
Steven: Ah, it's great, so basically backpacking, but going between countries by train with some friends. I travelled with some friends, so you can buy one ticket. It's called an interrail ticket and you can visit any country in Europe using this one ticket. They last, well, the ticket I had lasted one month.
史蒂文:嗯,非常棒,我是背包旅行,我和一些朋友坐火车去各个国家。我是和一些朋友一起旅行的,你可以买一张票。那是火车通票,用这张票你可以去欧洲的所有国家。我买的那张票的有效期是一个月。
Todd: That's a good deal.
托德:听起来很值。
Steven: So, we went to France and we travelled to Italy and then we went down to some Greek islands. Also we went to Amsterdam in Holland.
史蒂文:我们去了法国和意大利,之后又去了一些希腊小鸟。我们还去了荷兰的阿姆斯特丹。
Todd: Wow! What did you do in France?
托德:哇!你在法国都做什么了?
Steven: In France we were on the South Coast, South of France. What did we do? Well, really we spent our time on the beach mainly playing water sports on the beach and just sunbathing and relaxing. (Cool) That kind of thing. Yep.
史蒂文:我们去了法国的南海岸,在法国南部。我们做什么了?实际上我们大部分时间都是在海滩上度过的,我们在海滩上玩水上运动、晒日光浴还有放松。(真酷)基本上就是这类事情。
Todd: Ah, did you make it to Sardegna?
托德:那你去撒丁岛了吗?
Steven: Sardegna...no
史蒂文:撒丁岛,没有。
Todd: Or Corsica? I'm sorry.
托德:那利西嘉岛呢?
Steven: No, no we didn't. Nope.
史蒂文:没有,我们没去。
Todd: Oh, really.
托德:哦,没有。
Steven: Um, I think my favorite city was probably Florence in Italy.
史蒂文:我想我最喜欢的城市是意大利的佛罗伦萨。
Todd: Oh, OK.
托德:哦,好的。
Steven: We were lucky, We met some students, some British students who was studying Italian, and they had their own apartment on the hills, one of the hills in Florence, and they invited us to their apartment, so we stayed with them, and they had, they had built up some local knowledge. They knew about some local restaurants so they took us to a very traditional, whatchamacallit, piatza, uh pizza restaurant, pizze, pizzu (Pizzeria!) Thank you. Yes. Um, and I think it was the best pizza I've ever had. It was wonderful.
史蒂文:我们很幸运,我们遇到了一些学生,他们是在意大利留学的英国学生,他们在佛罗伦萨的一个山区有自己的公寓,他们邀请我们去他们的公寓,所以我们和他们住在一起,他们为我们普及了一些当地的知识。他们知道一些当地不错的餐厅,所以他们带我们去吃了当地的传统食物,叫什么来着,批萨,对我们去了批萨店,吃了批萨,(是批萨店吗)对,谢谢你。我想那是我吃过的最棒的批萨。太好吃了。
Todd: I'm hungry now too.
托德:我现在也饿了。
Steven: And they even took us to a communist festival, which was in the mountain and we played five a side football, at a communist festival which was quite a unique experience.
史蒂文:他们还带我们去了一个在山上举行的庆典,我们进行了五对五篮球赛,那是一次很特别的经历。
Todd: How bizarre. How bizarre.
托德:真奇怪,好奇怪啊。
Steven: After some tequila. It was great.
史蒂文:还喝了龙舌兰酒。非常棒。
Todd: So, Florence was your favorite city. Was Italy you're favorite country?
托德:佛罗伦萨是你最爱的城市。那意大利是你最爱的国家吗?
Steven: Ah, I think so. I love the Tuscany area. Yeah, it's absolutely beautiful. Hard to beat.
史蒂文:我想是的。我喜欢托斯卡纳地区。那里真是无比美丽,没有比那里更美的地方了。
Todd: Well, wish I could do it again.
托德:希望我也能去一次。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载