Laquisha: What’s in the bag?
拉贵莎:包里装的是什么啊?
Yun: Three alarm clocks and a kitchen timer.
尤恩:3个闹钟和厨房定时器。
Laquisha: What are they for?
拉贵莎:带着些干什么啊?
Yun: I have a very important interview tomorrow morning and these will help me prepare for it.
尤恩:明天早上我有一个重要的采访,这些东西有助于我准备采访。
Laquisha: How?
拉贵莎:怎么帮你呢?
尤恩:计时器可以记录我常见问题的回答时间,这样我就不会滔滔不绝了。看见没?不需要秒表我就可以用计时功能提醒自己什么时候应该结束。
Laquisha: And the alarm clocks?
拉贵莎:那闹钟的作用呢?
Yun: I have a habit of pressing the snooze button after an alarm goes off. I’ve tried different kinds of alarms: ones that buzz, ones that beep, ones that vibrate, and ones that use a ringtone. But I still fall back to sleep.
尤恩:闹钟响的时候我习惯按下小睡按钮。我用过好多款闹钟:嗡嗡响的,哔哔响的,震动的还有带铃声的。但是闹铃响了之后我还是会睡着。
Laquisha: And what do you plan to do with three alarm clocks?
拉贵莎:你打算用这三个闹钟做什么呢?
Yun: I plan to set the alarms one minute apart and put them around my bedroom. By the time I turn them all off, I should be awake.
尤恩:我打算把他们放在卧室,每隔一分钟响一次。等我把他们全都关闭后,我应该就醒盹了。
Laquisha: And if not?
拉贵莎:要是这样还不行呢?
Yun: Then maybe I should be applying for jobs as a mattress tester.
尤恩:那我只能去应聘一份床垫测试员的工作了。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载