手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 托福 > 托福听力 > 托福听力真题听写 > 正文

托福TPO-41 Conversation 2-1

编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Hi, can I help you?
  • 你好,需要帮忙吗?
  • Yes, I'd like to get help with the, uh, you know, payment for my classes, some sort of financial aid.
  • 是的,我想在支付学费方面得到一些帮助,某种助学金。
  • The problem is I don't know much about it, so I don't really know where to begin.
  • 问题是我对此不太了解,所以不知道该从哪儿开始。
  • I saw this poster about work-study programs. Can you tell me something about that?
  • 我看到了这个关于工作-学习项目的海报,你能给我介绍一下吗?
  • Well, I think you're talking about the government-sponsored work-study program.
  • 我想你说的是政府赞助的工作-学习项目。
  • It works like this: you work on campus and get paid an hourly wage just like a regular job.
  • 是这么操作的:你要在学校里工作,然后像寻常的工作一样得到一份时薪。
  • However, instead of getting a paycheck, the money goes directly to your bill for your courses,
  • 但是,工资不是直接给你的,而是直接打到你的课程费里去,
  • but almost all work-study jobs pay minimum wage, which is usually pretty low.
  • 但是几乎所有的工作-学习项目里的工作支付的都是最低的工资,通常相当少。
  • The truth is: you might do better getting a job off campus since you can do whatever you want with the money, like paying your rent or...or buying textbooks.
  • 事实是,你最好在学校外面找一份工作,这样你就能随意处置你的工资了,比如付房租或买课本。
  • Thanks! That's very useful. So how do I find out what's out there?
  • 谢谢!这个信息太有用了。那我怎么才能知道外面有什么工作呢?
  • Let me show you our catalogue of various programs as well as scholarships offered here.
  • 我给你看看我们各种项目的目录以及这里提供的奖学金。
  • That's your best bet really, if you can find a good scholarship, because you don't have to pay the money back.
  • 说真的,那才是你最好的选择,如果你能弄到一份不错的奖学金的话,因为你不需要偿还这笔钱。
  • You might qualify if your grades are good enough or if you have the right background.
  • 如果你的成绩够好或者有符合的背景的话,也许能有资格申请上奖学金。
  • Yeah, that sounds like something I should try for.
  • 对啊,听起来像是我应该试试的事情。
  • Now, this is my desk-copy of the catalogue, but I can give you your own copy if you want.
  • 呐,这是我办公桌上的目录,不过如果你想要的话,我可以给你一份。
  • Oh yeah, be sure to visit the university library, too.
  • 哦,对了,还一定要去一趟大学图书馆。
  • There's a whole section on financial aid including application forms.
  • 那里有一整个部分都是关于助学金的,包括申请表。
  • Why isn't all the information listed in the catalogue? It'd be so much easier.
  • 为什么不把所有的信息都列在目录里呢?那样会简单很多啊。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Employee: Hi, can I help you?

职员:你好,需要帮忙吗?
Student: Yes, Id like to get help with the, uh, you know, payment for my classes, some sort of financial aid.
学生:是的,我想在支付学费方面得到一些帮助,某种助学金。
The problem is I dont know much about it, so I dont really know where to begin.
问题是我对此不太了解,所以不知道该从哪儿开始。
I saw this poster about work-study programs. Can you tell me something about that?
我看到了这个关于工作-学习项目的海报,你能给我介绍一下吗?
Employee: Well, I think youre talking about the government-sponsored work-study program.
职工:我想你说的是政府赞助的工作-学习项目。
It works like this: you work on campus and get paid an hourly wage just like a regular job.
是这么操作的:你要在学校里工作,然后像寻常的工作一样得到一份时薪。
However, instead of getting a paycheck, the money goes directly to your bill for your courses, but almost all work-study jobs pay minimum wage, which is usually pretty low.
但是,工资不是直接给你的,而是直接打到你的课程费里去,但是几乎所有的工作-学习项目里的工作支付的都是最低的工资,通常相当少。
The truth is: you might do better getting a job off campus since you can do whatever you want with the money, like paying your rent or...or buying textbooks.
事实是,你最好在学校外面找一份工作,这样你就能随意处置你的工资了,比如付房租或买课本。
Student: Thanks! Thats very useful. So how do I find out whats out there?
学生:谢谢!这个信息太有用了。那我怎么才能知道外面有什么工作呢?
Employee: Let me show you our catalogue of various programs as well as scholarships offered here.
职员:我给你看看我们各种项目的目录以及这里提供的奖学金。
Thats your best bet really, if you can find a good scholarship, because you dont have to pay the money back.
说真的,那才是你最好的选择,如果你能弄到一份不错的奖学金的话,因为你不需要偿还这笔钱。
You might qualify if your grades are good enough or if you have the right background.
如果你的成绩够好或者有符合的背景的话,也许能有资格申请上奖学金。
Student: Yeah, that sounds like something I should try for.
学生:对啊,听起来像是我应该试试的事情。
Employee: Now, this is my desk-copy of the catalogue, but I can give you your own copy if you want.
职员:呐,这是我办公桌上的目录,不过如果你想要的话,我可以给你一份。
Oh yeah, be sure to visit the university library, too.
哦,对了,还一定要去一趟大学图书馆。
Theres a whole section on financial aid including application forms.
那里有一整个部分都是关于助学金的,包括申请表。
Student: Why isnt all the information listed in the catalogue? Itd be so much easier.
学生:为什么不把所有的信息都列在目录里呢?那样会简单很多啊。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
qualify ['kwɔlifai]

想一想再看

vt. 使合格,限定,描述
vi. 合格,取得

 
payment ['peimənt]

想一想再看

n. 支付,付款,报偿,报应

 
poster ['pəustə]

想一想再看

n. 海报,装饰画

联想记忆
application [.æpli'keiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 应用; 申请; 专心
n. 应用软件程序

 
employee [.emplɔi'i:]

想一想再看

n. 雇员

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 托福TPO-41 Lecture 2-3 2016-09-08
  • 托福TPO-41 Lecture 2-4 2016-09-09
  • 托福TPO-41 Conversation 2-2 2016-09-11
  • 托福TPO-41 Lecture 3-1 2016-09-12
  • 托福TPO-41 Lecture 3-2 2016-09-12
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。