Because statistically about 50% of the customers don’t complain about service failures, at least not to the service provider.
因为就统计到的情况而言,大约50%的顾客不会对服务失败进行投诉,至少不会对服务提供者投诉。
But negative word of mouth, now that’s got worse implications for your business.
但是坏口碑对你的生意影响更坏。
Also, you’d have to pay your employees to execute the service a second time.
还有,你得付钱让你的员工进行第二次服务。
Typically, a service recovery is gonna involve some kind of compensation, right?
通常服务补救会包括某种补偿,对吧?
So it’s gonna cost your company some money that your are going have to account for in your budget.
所以这会让你的公司损失一些钱,而你必须得在你的预算中为这笔费用负责。
I’ve actually been researching some of these issues myself
事实上,我本人调查了这些问题中的一些,
because what we need is a deeper understanding of customers’ thought processes and their reactions to service recoveries.
因为我们需要对顾客的思维过程和他们对服务补救的反应有更深层次的理解。
How do consumers form expectations? How do they react to different service recovery tactics?
顾客是如何形成期待的?他们对不同的服务补救策略作何反应?
Can we predict how any given customer will react to a given service failure?
我们能预计任何特定的顾客对特定的服务失败的反应吗?
People’s expectations, their priorities vary.
人们的期待,他们优先考虑的事各不相同。
Like, uh, if I am in a hurry, and the French fries I ordered at a fast food restaurant aren’t piping hot, I might not complain ‘cause I got them fast.
比如说,假如我很赶时间,那如果我在一家快餐店点的薯条不是很热我可能也不会不满,因为我很快拿到了它们。
But if I am not in a hurry, I might return the fries even if I had to wait for a fresh batch.
但是如果我不赶时间,即使我在下一批薯条新鲜出锅之前要等一会儿,我也会把薯条退回去。