Listen to a conversation between a student and a campus mail center employee.
请听一个学生和校园邮政中心职员之间的对话。
Sorry you had to wait. It’s a busy time of year. Lots of people mailing packages home.
很抱歉让你久等了。每年这个时候都很忙,很多人要把行李寄回家。
I bet. I’ll have to come next week to do that.
我知道。我只能下个星期再过来寄行李了。
I’m moving out of my dorm and I’m sending some papers home.
我要搬出宿舍了,还要往家里寄一些文件。
OK.We’ll be here. What can I do for you today?
好的,那个时候我们也在。今天有什么能为你做的?
Well, my roommate asked me to pick something up for her.
我舍友叫我帮她拿点东西。
I told her I was coming down here, she got this notice saying that there’s a package to pick up, I guess it was too big to fit into our mailbox.
我跟她说了我要来这里,她收到了一条通知说她有个包裹要取,我猜那应该是太大了装不进我们的邮箱里。
I’m sorry. But I can only give packages to the person who they’re addressed to. It’s university policy.
对不起,但是我只能把包裹给地址上写的人本人。学校就是这么规定的。
Really? Could you make an exception? She’s my roommate.
真的吗?你能破次例吗?她真的是我舍友。
I wish I could, but she’ll have to come and get it herself, and be sure to tell her to have her student ID card on her.
我也希望能这么做,但是她必须自己过来取,而且一定要告诉她带上她的学生证。
We will need to see identification. Oh, and she’ll need that package notification too.
我们需要查看一下身份证明,哦,对了,她也要向我们出具那个包裹通知。