Tlotlo: Hi, my name is Tlotlo and I am from Botswana.
特罗特洛:嗨,我是特罗特洛,我来自博茨瓦纳。
Reese: And my name is Reese from Botswana as well.
里斯:我是里斯,同样来自博茨瓦纳。
Tlotlo: And our question is are you good at saving money?
特罗特洛:我们今天要讨论的问题是,你擅长存钱吗?
Reese: I think I used to be good at saving money.
里斯:我想我以前很擅长存钱。
Tlotlo: When did that stop and why did it stop?
特罗特洛:那你什么时候不擅长存钱了?为什么不擅长了?
Reese: I don't know. As you get older there's just so much stuff you feel you need to spend money on. I don't know, money just keeps going out of your wallet for reasons you don't even know.
里斯:我也不清楚。随着年龄的增长,有很多地方需要花钱。怎么说呢,钱包里的钱不断被花掉,可是你甚至不知道你都买了什么。
Tlotlo: I think I'm pretty good at saving money actually.
特罗特洛:我认为我很擅长存钱。
Reese: You are?
里斯:是吗?
Tlotlo: I am. Yes, why do you seem so surprised?
特罗特洛:是。你看起来为什么这么惊讶?
Reese: How much of your allowance would you say?
里斯:你能把收入的百分之多少存起来?
Tlotlo: I think I save ten per cent of my allowance.
特罗特洛:我想我可以存10%。
Reese: Really?
里斯:真的吗?
Tlotlo: Yes I do.
特罗特洛:对,没错。
Reese: Wow.
里斯:哇哦。
Tlotlo: Every month I just make sure that that ten per cent, I save it.
特罗特洛:每个月我会确保将收入的10%存起来。
Reese: That's really amazing. I don't think I can save any money. I have to spend every cent I have, I don't know why.
里斯:那太不可思议了。我想我存不下来钱。我会花掉我所有的收入,我也不清楚原因。
Tlotlo: Saving is a culture, you get adapted to it, you know and that's what my mom taught me and I think I just grew with it that you need to save money and once you start doing it, it becomes easier. It becomes like an obligation. You know what obligations are for?
特罗特洛:存钱是种文化,你要适应,这是我妈妈教给我的,我想存钱这一概念一直陪伴我长大,而一旦你开始存钱,事情就变得简单多了。那就像责任一样。你知道是什么责任吗?
Reese: I think you need to teach me some sometime because I'm hopeless.
里斯:我想你应该找个时间教教我,因为我真的很无望。
Tlotlo: I'll give you a few tips.
特罗特洛:我会告诉你一些小技巧的。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载