Jingwei: Hi, I'm Jingwei.
京薇:嗨,我是京薇。
Joseph: I'm Joseph.
约瑟夫:我是约瑟夫。
Jingwei: We're both from Singapore. The question today is...
京薇:我们两个人都来自新加坡。今天的问题是……
Joseph: Well, are there any dangerous animals in your country?
约瑟夫:你们国家有危险的动物吗?
Jingwei: Huh, we don't see much animals. Snakes probably. Or the monitor lizard. It's a huge lizard. It can grow up to maybe four meters.
京薇:哈哈,我们没看到什么动物。可能是蛇吧。或者是巨蜥。那是巨大的蜥蜴。它可以长到四米长。
Joseph: I guess, but like when our canoeist paddle in the reservoir, they see the monitor lizards frequently but they are rather docile to be honest, so they wouldn't be one of the more dangerous animals to me. To me one of the most dangerous animals would probably be the household cat.
约瑟夫:我想划艇运动员在水库划桨时经常看到巨蜥,说实话那些巨蜥比较温顺,所以对我来说巨蜥不是危险的动物。我认为其中一个最危险的动物可能是家养的猫。
Jingwei: The household cat.
京薇:家养的猫。
Joseph: Well ...
约瑟夫:嗯……
Jingwei: The domesticated cat?
京薇:驯化猫吗?
Joseph: Yep, I mean, you look at it and it's all cute and you don't think it can do anything, and then suddenly like, whoa, it jumps out of nowhere. Yeah, it can be pretty dangerous.
约瑟夫:对,看上去那些猫很可爱,你会认为它们不会做什么事,可是它会突然跳出来。那可能会很危险。
Jingwei: That's because you scare them.
京薇:那是因为你吓到它们了。
Joseph: Well, I guess it's kind of my fault. But yeah, cat's can be really dangerous if you don't handle them well.
约瑟夫:我想那可能是我的错。不过如果处理不当,猫可能会很危险。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载