Gyri: Okay. Viyasan, have you ever overcome any fears.
格里:好。维亚森,你有克服过恐惧吗?
Viyasan: Okay, that's a good question. I think there's many fears that I've overcome and I'm sure everyone has as well, but the one that sticks out to me the most was attending university after high school. I think the scariest part of that was meeting all the different types of people, different people from different cultures, from different high schools, from different areas. It was very odd to see that group all mixed together. I wasn't sure how to approach people and talk to them. Some of the classes were very tough. It was just a huge mess of interacting with people and doing well in school. But I think the best way to approach it is to find similarities that you can connect with people. For example, I really liked basketball and so I tried to hang out with other people who liked basketball and other people who enjoyed some of my similar subjects. For example, I like marketing and so I was a big fan of other students who took very similar classes and I would talk to them about my interests. And so, I think that's how I got through university, was trying to find people that made similar interests of mine ... or, sorry, or had similar interests and just grow with them, learn more, and then slowly meet new people with similar interests as well. So I think that's how I overcame the hurdle of first year university.
维亚森:嗯,这是个好问题。我认为我克服了很多恐惧,我确定所有人都克服过恐惧,不过我印象最深的经历发生在高中毕业后上大学的时候。我认为大学期间最可怕的事情在于,会遇到各种各样的人,来自各种文化的人,这些人来自不同的高中和不同的地区。看到这些人在一起让人感觉非常奇怪。我不知道要怎么和他们接触,怎么和他们说话。一些课程很难上。要和他人交流,还要在学校好好学习,这很艰难。不过我认为最好的解决方法是找到可以和他们交流的相似点。比如,我非常喜欢篮球,所以我尽量和同样喜欢篮球的人一起玩,和那些与我学的课程相似的人一起玩。举例来说,我喜欢市场营销,所以我会喜欢那些和我修同样课程的学生,我会和他们聊我的兴趣。我认为这是我度过大学时光的方法,也就是尽量去寻找和我有类似兴趣的人,抱歉,寻找有类似兴趣的人,和他们一起成长,然后慢慢地去接触同样有类似兴趣的新朋友。这是我克服在大学一年级时遇到的障碍的方法。
Gyri: Yeah.
格里:好。
Viyasan: Yeah.
维亚森:嗯。
Gyri: And what year are you in?
格里:你现在上几年级?
Viyasan: I am in my fourth year right now.
维亚森:我现在大四。
Gyri: Okay, so you've been for a while.
格里:好,你已经来这里一段时间了。
Viyasan: Just one more semester here at APU and-
维亚森:我在立命馆亚洲太平洋大学还有一学期的课程……
Gyri: This is your last semester?
格里:这是你最后一学期?
Viyasan: Yep, and then I'll be graduating, so it's pretty scary heading into the real world, the adult world.
维亚森:对,之后我就毕业了,离开学校迈入真实的世界,迈入成人的世界,这太可怕了。
Gyri: Yeah, you're gonna have to find a job.
格里:嗯,你必须找工作。
Viyasan: Exactly, yeah. That's gonna be a little bit stressful as well.
维亚森:没错。这也会令人感到些许压力。
Gyri: Are you worried about that?
格里:你担心吗?
Viyasan: Finding a job? Right now, I do have a job when I graduate university. I'll be working within a marketing context, luckily, it's something that I'm interested in, in a marketing context at a consulting firm. So that's solving problems for different types of businesses within a marketing context.
维亚森:找工作吗?我大学毕业后的工作已经找好了。我将在市场营销领域工作,幸运的是,这是我感兴趣的领域,我将在一家咨询公司的市场营销部门工作。工作内容就是为各种类型的企业解决涉及市场营销的问题。
Gyri: That sounds cool.
格里:听起来很酷。
Viyasan: Yeah.
维亚森:对。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载