第一, 迷你对话
A: My personal life has hit rock button.
我的个人生活跌入了低谷。
B: Why say that? Just because Carl left you?
为什么这样说?就因为Carl离开了你?
A: Could it be said that this is not enough?
难道还不够吗?
B: I know you have deep feeling with him. But we should face the reality.
我知道你对他有很深的感情,但是我们要面对现实。
A: What is the reality? Why he left me? I cannot understand.
什么是现实?他为什么要离开我?我不明白。
B: Please love yourself at first. You can wait for him, all of these things are all up to you.
先管好自己吧,你可以等他嘛,这一切事情都靠你自己把握。
第二, 地道表达
1. 表达法
rock button:最低谷,最低点
2. 拓展范例
e.g. Her life has hit the rock button because he failed in her dancing career.
她的生活陷入了最低谷,因为她的舞蹈生涯失败了。
e.g. This is the rock-button price and any further reduction is out of the question.
这是最低价,无法再进一步降低。
第三, 好词妙语
have deep feeling with:与……有深厚的感情
e.g. Mary had deep feeling with John at the age of 16. No wonder that they will get married in one week.
Mary 和John在13岁就有深厚的感情了。他们在一周后结婚也不足为奇。
face the reality:面对现实
e.g. You must face the reality. It's impossible to avoid all difficulties, no matter how hard you try.
你必须面对现实,无论你怎么努力,困难想绕是绕不过去的。
be up to:取决于……
e.g. It is up to you to decide when we will start.
这该有你来决定我们什么时候出发。
e.g. Prevention of forest fires is up to you.
森林防火是你们的责任。
第四, 口语表达
中文:难道说这还不够呛吗?
翻译:Could it be said that this is not enough?