第一,迷你对话
A: Where did you go last winter vacation?
去年寒假你去哪儿了?
B: I visited my uncle's family.
我去叔叔家了。
A:Did you have a good time there?
你在那儿过得愉快吗?
B: Of course. Everyone in his family fell all over themselves trying to make me feel at home.
当然了。他家里人人都尽量让我觉得舒服。
第二,词海拾贝
fall all over oneself
exp. Make an inordinate effort to do something, try very hard or eagerly. (竭尽全力,竭尽所能)
e.g. John is such a brownnoser, falling all over himself to impress the teacher.
John真是个马屁精,为了给老师留下好印象而尽力去拍马屁。
e.g. My parents fell all over themselves trying to seem cool to me and my friends. It was pretty embarrassing, to be honest.
我的父母竭尽全力想让我和我的朋友们觉得他们很酷。老实说,这很尴尬。
第三,语汇积累
1.have a good time:玩得很快乐,度过快乐的时光
e.g. I hope you have a good time in America. I'll miss you.
我希望你在美国玩得很愉快,我会想你的。
e.g. "Have a good time, dearies!" Said Mrs. Marth, as the sisters went daintily down the walk.
当姐妹俩从楼梯上姗姗而下时,Marth夫人说:“亲爱的,愿你们玩个痛快。”
2.feel at home:感觉自在,感觉在家中般轻松自在
e.g. I feel at home living here. The landlady is very kind to me.
我觉得住在这里象在家里一样,房东太太对我很好。
People from all over the world feel at home in Hong Kong.
来自世界不同角落的旅客来到香港均有宾至如归的感觉。
last winter vacation:去年暑期
visit one’s family:去某人的家中