第一,情景对话
A:Did you have a good summer holiday?
你暑假过得好吗?
B: Oh, no. In fact, I had a really terrible holiday.
噢,不好。事实上,我的假期糟糕透了。
A: You said you would go to Qingdao.
你说过你要去青岛旅行的。
B: I went nowhere during my holiday, I stayed at home and went through my lessons.
假期里,我哪儿也没去。我就待在家里复习功课了。
第二,词海拾贝
go through
exp. To complete something, to manage to finish something.. (完成某事)
e.g. Once I go through my last year of school, I'm taking a long vacation, that's for sure!
一旦我完成了最后一年的学业,我就要开始一个长假了,这是肯定的!
e.g. I'll go through college in five years instead of four.
我在五年后读完大学,而不是四年。
e.g. He studied how to get through the work in the shortest possible time.
他研究了怎样才能在最短的时间里完成这项工作。
第三,语汇积累
in fact:实际上,事实上
In fact, we have been expecting you for quite some time.
事实上,我一直在等你等了好久了。
e.g. In fact it wasn't long before folks stopped thinking about it.
事实上,没有多久,大家便不把这件事情放在心上了。
have a terrible holiday:假期过得不好
have a good summer holiday:暑期过得很好
during one’s holiday:在假期内
stay at home:呆在家里