第一, 情景对话
A: Mum, did you see the books I borrowed from Angela?
妈妈,你见过我从安吉拉那儿借来的书吗?
B: Yeah. I put them on the top of the cupboard.
我把它们放到壁柜的最顶层了。
A: Mum, I can't reach the books, could you please do me a favor?
妈妈,我够不着书,帮帮我,好吗?
B: I can't reach them, either. We need a ladder.
我也够不着,我们需要一个梯子。
A: Here's a ladder.
这有个梯子。
B: Just the thing. We'll use that.
正是我们需要的,我们来用吧!
第二, 词海拾贝
just the thing
exp. Exactly what is most ideal, desired, or useful in a particular moment or situation. (正是最理想,最渴望的,最有用的东西)
e.g. I'm telling you, when you're hungover, a big basket of French fries is just the thing!
我告诉你当你宿醉的时候,一大篮薯条就是最用的东西!
e.g. I have just the thing to wear with a dress that color.
穿那种颜色的衣服正是我最渴望的。
e.g. I happened on just the thing I had been looking for.
我偶然发现了我所要找的东西。
e.g. If you want a small screwdriver I've got just the thing here.
如果你要一把小螺丝刀,我这儿正好有一把。
第三, 语汇积累
1. do somebody a favour:帮忙
e.g. Do me a favour and turn the radio down while I'm on the phone, will you?
劳驾,我在打电话,把收音机的声音调小点好吗?
e.g. Please do me a favour and go to the shop for me.
请你帮我一个忙,替我到商店走一趟。
e.g. I've come to ask you to do me a favour. Would you please lend me your notebook computer for a couple of days?
我是来求你帮忙的,你的笔记本电脑能借给我用一两天吗?
2. on the top of:在……的顶上
e.g. At last they saw him emerge on the top of an eminence within hail.
最后,他们看到他在一个山岭上出现了,置身于欢呼之中。
e.g. Kate carried our school banner on the top of a hill.
凯特在山顶上举着我们的校旗。
其它:borrow something from:从……借某物
reach the books:伸手拿得到书籍