情景对话:
A: Many classmates admire you!
许多同学羡慕你。
B: For what?
为什么?
A : They think you have seen the world and know both the good and the evil of human nature.
他们说你见多识广,而且颇知人性善恶。
B: I'm flattered.
过奖了。
1. 词海识贝
see the world
exp. To travel to many different cities, countries, or regions around the world. (到不同的国家去旅行)
e.g. I love my children more than life itself, but I do wish I saw the world a bit more before becoming a parent.
我爱我的孩子胜过生命本身,但我真希望在为人父母之前多见识见识这个世界。
e.g. Living in such a small town made her yearn to set off on her own and see the world.
住在这样一个小镇上使她渴望独自出发去看看外面的世界。
e.g. He told the pleased and unsuspicious lady that he went to parties because it was right for him to see the world.
他向那位满心欢喜,毫不怀疑的夫人说,他要参加这些晚会,是因为他觉得他应该见识见识上流社会。
e.g. I'd like to see the world and rough it.
我很想看看世界,而且磨炼一下。
2. 语汇积累
1. the good:好的东西
e.g. The beautiful is not always the same as the good.
美的东西不一定都是好的东西。
2. the evil:邪恶,罪恶
e.g. Lu Xun exposed the evil of the old society in his works.
鲁迅在他的作品中揭露了旧社会的邪恶。
e.g. The evil is now irremediable and it has been entirely your own doing.
如今过失已无可挽回,事情是你一手促成的。
3. both… and…:两者都,既……又……
e.g. I would like both tea and milk.
我想喝茶,也想和牛奶。
4. admire…for…:因……而感到钦佩,
e.g. We admire him for his continuance of work in spite of illness.
我们佩服他带病继续工作。
5. 口语短句
中:过奖了。
译:I am flattered.