手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 国外媒体资讯 > 经济学人 > 经济学人商业系列 > 正文

比命还长的回复全部邮件

编辑:Sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Business

商业版块

Bartleby

巴托比专栏

The reply-all email thread

回复全部邮件链

Easy to start, impossible to stop.

开始容易,停下来没门。

DEREK SMITH to AllStaff: Someone has taken my mug again.

德里克·史密斯发给全体员工:又有人把我的杯子拿走了。

This is the third time this month.

这个月拿第三次了。

Please return it immediately. Derek

请立即归还。德里克。

Natalie Flank to AllStaff:What does it look like? Natalie

娜塔莉·弗兰克发给全体员工:杯子长什么样?娜塔莉

Mark van Deen to AllStaff: Round with a small curved handle? Mark

马克·范·迪恩发给全体员工:有弯曲小手柄的圆形杯子?马克

Tim Tandy to AllStaff: Sounds like someone I know! T

蒂姆·坦迪发给全体员工:听起来像我认识的某个人!T

Tim Tandy to AllStaff: Tim Tandy would like to recall this message

蒂姆·坦迪发给全体员工:蒂姆·坦迪想要撤回此消息

Tim Tandy to AllStaff: Sorry about that everyone.

蒂姆·坦迪发给全体员工:非常抱歉,各位。

Was meant to be a private message. Tim

本来准备发私信的。蒂姆

Derek Smith to AllStaff: It’s red and has my name on it.

德里克·史密斯发给全体员工:红色杯子,上面有我的名字。

I know you all think this is funny but it’s my property and I’d like it back. Derek

我知道你们都觉得很好笑,但那是我的私人物品,我想把杯子拿回来。德里克

Natalie Flank to AllStaff: Where did you last see it? Natalie

娜塔莉·弗兰克发给全体员工:你最后一次看到杯子是在哪里?娜塔莉

Derek Smith to AllStaff: It was in the cupboard in the kitchen.

德里克·史密斯发给全体员工:在厨房的橱柜里。

Megan Gutfreund to AllStaff: Why don’t you keep it on your desk, Derek?

梅根·古特弗伦德发给全体员工:德里克,你为什么不把杯子放在你的桌子上呢?

It’s much less likely to be taken from there. Megan.

别人从你的桌子上把杯子拿走的可能性要小得多。梅根。

Derek Smith to AllStaff: Because I don’t expect to have to keep everything by me at all times in case it gets stolen.

德里克·史密斯发给全体员工:因为我没想到必须一直把所有东西都放在身边,以防被盗。

This isn’t Tegucigalpa. It’s Bracknell. D

这里不是特古西加尔巴(洪都拉斯城市),是布拉克内尔(英国城市)。D

Sam Kernel to AllStaff: Where is Tepucigalga?

山姆·科内尔发给全体员工:特普西加尔加是哪里?

Will Adams to AllStaff: Tegucigalpa. It’s in Honduras.

威尔·亚当斯发给全体员工:是特古西加尔巴,在洪都拉斯。

Mark van Deen to AllStaff: It’s the capital of Honduras. Tegucigalpa.

马克·范·迪恩发给全体员工:是洪都拉斯的首都,特古西加尔巴。

Iris Lee to AllStaff: I don’t know why you are accusing your colleagues of stealing.

艾瑞斯·李发给全体员工:我不知道你们为什么要指责同事偷窃。

Someone has picked it up by accident.

有人偶然拿了杯子用。

It’s in a cupboard full of mugs.

放杯子的橱柜里全是杯子。

Alex Arkle to AllStaff: If anyone would like to opt out of this fascinating conversation in order to do some work, there is an option to mute it.

亚历克斯·阿克尔发给全体员工:如果有人想退出这场精彩的讨论以便做一些工作,有静音选项。

Just go to the “More” symbol at the top of the page, click on it and you should see it. Alex

页面顶部的“更多”图标,点击它,你应该就能看到静音选项。亚历克斯

Ava Mayer to AllStaff: Honduras.

艾娃·迈耶发给全体员工:洪都拉斯。

Derek Smith to AllStaff: It literally has my name on it, Iris.

德里克·史密斯发给全体员工:上面真的有我的名字,艾瑞斯。

It’s the third time this has happened. It’s not an accident.

这是第三次发生这种情况了。不是偶然。

And Alex, implying that I should be muted is appalling.

还有亚历克斯,暗示我应该被静音,你太阴险了。

This is not Pyongyang. Derek

这里不是平壤。德里克

Tim Tandy to AllStaff: I stand with Derek.

蒂姆·坦迪发给全体员工:我支持德里克。

Liberate the M4 corridor one!

解放M4科创走廊1号!

Tim Tandy to AllStaff: Tim Tandy would like to recall this message

蒂姆·坦迪发给全体员工:蒂姆·坦迪想要撤回此消息

Alex Arkle to AllStaff: If anyone would like to know how to reply to only one person on an email thread, please do get in touch. Alex

亚历克斯·阿克尔发给全体员工:如果有人想知道如何在邮件链中仅回复一个人,请联系我。亚历克斯

Varun Rama to AllStaff: I actually sympathise with Derek on this.

瓦伦·拉玛发给全体员工:在这件事上,我实际上很同情德里克。

The mug was a gift, and it presumably has sentimental value.

那个杯子是别人送的礼物,大概有情感价值。

I am still waiting to get my charger back, by the way. Varun

顺便说一下,我还在等着有人把我的充电器还给我。瓦伦

Derek Smith to AllStaff: It wasn’t a gift.

德里克·史密斯发给全体员工:不是礼物。

Megan Gutfreund to AllStaff: You bought a mug with your own name on it?

梅根·古特弗伦德发给全体员工:你买了一个上面有你自己名字的马克杯?

Derek Smith to AllStaff: Yes. Why?

德里克·史密斯发给全体员工:是的,怎么了?

Tim Tandy to AllStaff: That would be helpful, Alex.

蒂姆·坦迪发给全体员工:帮了我大忙,亚历克斯。

I keep replying to everyone!

我一直在回复所有人!

Christ alive, what a bunch of dreadful whingers our colleagues are! Tim

天哪,我们的同事真是一群可怕的牢骚鬼!蒂姆

Tim Tandy to AllStaff: Tim Tandy would like to recall this message

蒂姆·坦迪发给全体员工:蒂姆·坦迪想要撤回此消息

Flora Hawn to AllStaff: Varun, you’re not alone.

弗洛拉·霍恩发给全体员工:瓦伦,不只你一个人被偷。

I have lost about a million chargers, too. F

我也丢了差不多一百万个充电器。F

Ren Moult to AllStaff: Coming to this late: it’s in Honduras.

任·毛特发给全体员工:来晚了:那个地方在洪都拉斯。

Sumayah Habib to AllStaff: I bring soya milk into work for health reasons and people keep using it.

苏玛亚·哈比卜发给全体员工:因为身体健康原因,我带了豆浆来上班,但总有人在喝我的豆浆。

And before you ask, Megan, I have no choice but to keep it in the fridge. Sumayah

还有,梅根,在你发问之前我要说,我没有别的选择,只能把豆浆放在冰箱里。苏玛亚

Gabriel Palpate to AllStaff: My bicycle was stolen from outside the office the other day.

加布里埃尔·帕尔佩特发给全体员工:前几天我的自行车在办公室外面被偷了。

I know this isn’t relevant but it is something to be aware of. Gabe

我知道这两件事不相关,但需要我们注意。加布

Sally Williams to AllStaff: I’m so sorry to hear that, Gabriel.

萨利·威廉姆斯发给全体员工:听到这个消息很遗憾,加布里埃尔。

I doubt the police took much notice!

我怀疑警方根本没怎么注意!

Megan Gutfreund to AllStaff: I do understand the difference between a mug and milk, Sumayah.

梅根·古特弗伦德发给全体员工:我明白杯子和牛奶之间的区别,苏玛亚。

But thanks so much for making it clear.

但是非常感谢你把区别说清楚了。

Gabriel Palpate to AllStaff: I didn’t even bother telling them! G

加布里埃尔·帕尔佩特发给全体员工:我都懒得告诉警察!G

Sally Williams to AllStaff: Good call!

萨利·威廉姆斯发给全体员工:你的决定是正确的!

Tim Tandy to AllStaff: Someone’s going to get palpated!

蒂姆·坦迪发给全体员工:有人要被帕尔佩特骂了!

Tim Tandy to AllStaff: Tim Tandy would like to recall this message

蒂姆·坦迪发给全体员工:蒂姆·坦迪想要撤回此消息

Sumayah Habib to AllStaff: I’m glad you know the difference between a mug and milk, Megan.

苏玛亚·哈比卜发给全体员工:很高兴你知道杯子和牛奶的区别,梅根。

What about your arse and your elbow?

你知道你的屁股和你的肘部的区别吗?

Derek Smith to AllStaff: Panic over.

德里克·史密斯发给全体员工:恐慌结束。

I found it. Sorry, everyone! D

我找到杯子了。抱歉,各位!D

Megan Gutfreund to AllStaff: Idiot.

梅根·古特弗伦德发给全体员工:白痴。

Derek Smith to AllStaff: Megan, I have no idea what I have done to deserve that.

德里克·史密斯发给全体员工:梅根,我不知道我做了什么让你这样骂我。

The level of rudeness you have just shown is completely inappropriate.

你刚才的粗鲁态度真是太过分了。

This is not New York. It’s Berkshire.

这里不是纽约,是伯克郡。

Continues for rest of eternity...

讨论持续到时间尽头……

重点单词   查看全部解释    
liberate ['libəreit]

想一想再看

v. 解放,使获得自由,释出,放出
vt. 解

联想记忆
iris ['airis]

想一想再看

n. 虹膜,鸢尾属植物,彩虹之女神

 
symbol ['simbəl]

想一想再看

n. 符号,标志,象征

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
elbow ['elbəu]

想一想再看

n. 手肘,急弯,扶手
v. 用手肘推开,推挤

联想记忆
relevant ['relivənt]

想一想再看

adj. 相关的,切题的,中肯的

联想记忆
handle ['hændl]

想一想再看

n. 柄,把手
v. 买卖,处理,操作,驾驭

联想记忆
rudeness

想一想再看

n. 无礼;粗蛮

 
muted ['mju:tid]

想一想再看

adj. 柔和的;无言的;趋缓的 v. 使柔和(mute

 
property ['prɔpəti]

想一想再看

n. 财产,所有物,性质,地产,道具

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。