Unit 9 Asking the Way
第9单元 问路
Dialogue 1
对话 1
Could you tell me the way to the Friendship Store?
你能告诉我去友谊商店怎么走吗?
Turn left at the next lights and ride two blocks, and then …
在下一个红绿灯处向左拐,再骑行两个街区,然后
Oh, it's very difficult to remember. Is it far from here?
哦,好难记。它离这里远吗?
No. It takes only ten minutes by bike.
不远。骑自行车只要十分钟。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
You are welcome.
不用谢。
Dialogue 2
对话 2
I am looking for the railway station.
我正在找火车站。
Show me your map.
把你的地图给我看看。
Where are we now?
我们现在在哪里?
We are here, not far from the bridge. The railway station is over there.
我们在这儿,离这座桥不远。火车站就在那儿。
I see. But how can I get there?
我明白了。但我怎么去那儿呢?
Go past two blocks, and then take the underground. It takes you right there.
走过两个街区,然后乘地铁,你就可以到达那儿了。
Dialogue 3
对话 3
Shall I take the underground or a taxi to the Shopping Centre?
去购物中心我是乘地铁还是出租车呢?
You can take a bus.
你可以坐公共汽车去。
Isn't the bus stop over there?
那不是公共汽车站吗?
Yes. There comes a bus.
就是的,车来了。
Oh, no, I'll miss it.
哦,不,我赶不上啦。
No need to hurry. There will be another one in five minutes.
不用急。再过五分钟又有车来。
Dialogue 4
对话 4
Excuse me, where is the People's Park?
请问,人民公园在哪?
It's on the East River Road, near the Great Wall Hotel.
它在东河路,长城饭店附近。
How long will it take to walk there?
走路去那里要多长时间?
About a quarter of an hour.
大约一刻钟。
Am I going in the right way?
我这样走对吗?
Yes, just go straight ahead. You can't miss it.
对的,笔直向前走,你不会错过它的。
Passage
课文
Mary is an American student.
玛丽是一个美国学生。
One day she asked her Chinese teacher how to get around the city.
一天,她问她的中文老师如何逛这座城市。
"The best way to get around the city is by taxi." the teacher said,
老师说:"逛这座城市的最佳方式是乘出租车。
"A taxi driver knows the city like the back of his hand.
出租车司机对这个城市了如指掌。
He can quickly take you to any place.
他可以很快地带你去任何地方。
The taxi is expensive, but it is timesaving."
乘出租车虽然贵些,但省时间。