Here's what we find on dominance hormone.
关于主导性激素,我们有如下发现。
From their baseline when they come in, high-power people experience about a 20-percent increase, and low-power people experience about a 10-percent decrease.
相比于他们进来时的基线,强有力的人上升了20%,而无力的人下降了10%。
So again, two minutes, and you get these changes.
再次证明,2分钟后,你发生了这些改变。
Concerning stress hormone, high-power people experience about a 25-percent decrease, and the low-power people experience about a 15-percent increase.
就皮质醇而言,强有力的人下降了25%,而无力的人上升了15%。
Once again, two minutes lead to these hormonal changes that configure your brain to basically be either assertive, confident or really stress-reactive, and, you know, feeling sort of shut down.
再次证明,2分钟会导致这些激素的改变,基本上能让你的大脑变得要么坚定而自信,要么易受到压力的影响,以及,你知道的,感觉有点沮丧。
And we've all had that feeling, right?
我们都会有这种感受,对吗?
So it seems that our nonverbals do govern how we think and feel about ourselves.
因此,我们的非语言行为似乎的确控制我们的想法以及我们对自身的感受。
Also, our bodies change our minds.
另外,我们的身体会改变我们的意识。
So, power posing for a few minutes really changes your life in meaningful ways.
因此,几分钟的力量姿势的确会用有意义的方式来改变你的生活。
When I tell people about this, that our bodies change our minds and our minds can change our behavior,
当我把这些告诉人们时,也就是:我们的身体会改变我们的意识、我们的意识会改变我们的行为、
and our behavior can change our outcomes, they say to me, "I don't believe that. It feels fake. Right?"
以及我们的行为会改变最后的结果,他们和我说:“我不相信。感觉很假。对吗?”
So I said, "fake it till you make it."
我会说:“你就假装是这样,直到真的变成这样为止。”
I'm going to live you with this.
我要让你这样去做。
Before you go into the next stressful evaluative situation, for example, a job interview, for two minutes, try doing this,
在你进行下一个很有压力的评估时,比如求职面试,试着用2分钟的时间来做这个,
in the elevator, or at your desk behind closed doors and say to yourself "That's what I want to do."
在电梯里,或者在关着的门后面的桌子前对自己说:“这就是我想做的事。”
Configure your brain to do the best in that situation.
让你的大脑在那种情况下达到最佳状态。
Get your dominance hormone up, and get your stress hormone down.
让你的主导性激素含量上升,皮质醇含量下降。
Don't leave that situation feeling like, oh, I didn't show them who I am.
不要让情况变成这样——哦,我没有向他们展示出我是谁。
Leave that situation feeling like, oh, I really managed to say who I am and show who I am.
而要让情况变成这样——哦,我真的讲出并展示出我是谁了。
To sum up, today, we talk about the "nonverbal expressions of power and dominance" and the strong effects of the change of behavior.
综上所述,今天,我们讲了“权力和支配地位的非语言表达”以及改变行为的强大作用。
I suggest you try power posing, which is simple but will significantly change the outcomes of your life.
我建议你们试试力量姿势,它虽然简单,但将极大地改变你的人生结局。
OK, next time we are going to discuss the social functions of body language.
好的,下一次我们要讨论肢体语言的社会功能。