In My Poets, you write about attending readings, and socializing with writers, and the energy or tension of those face-to-face encounters.
在《我的诗人》中,你写的是参加读书会,与作家们交往,以及那些面对面的接触所带来的能量或紧张感。
But in interviews, you've also said that you think that it's “a tremendous gift to be lonely in poetry”.
但在采访中,你也说过你认为“诗歌中的孤独是巨大的礼物”。
Could you talk about that?
你能谈谈吗?
I really think this comes down to one's temperament.
我真的认为这归结于一个人的性格。
Other writers are much more readily sociable creatures.
其他作家则是更善于社交的生物。
They feel there's a kind of continuity between their writing life and their social life.
他们觉得他们的写作生活和社交生活之间有一种连续性。
I never experienced things that way at all.
我从来没有这样的经历。
Could you tell us why?
你能告诉我们为什么吗?
For me, poetry was not a zone about professionalization or networking.
对我来说,诗歌不是一个关于专业化或人际关系的领域。
There are many, many different kinds of writerly engagement, but I feel that people should be given permission not to engage.
有许多不同类型的作者参与,但我认为人们应该被允许不参与。
There's so much pressure to find a community, and one wants a community-but community may not come from the people organizing the poetry reading.
找到一个圈子的压力太大了,人们想要一个圈子——但圈子可能不是来自组织诗歌朗读的人。
It might be found among the folk musicians playing down there in the street.
它可能会在街上演奏的民间音乐家中被发现。
A community for poets is not necessarily other living poets.
诗人的圈子不一定是其他活着的诗人。
Another question. How do you arrange the poetry in your books?
另一个问题。 你是怎样安排书中的诗歌的?
I notice that they're all divided in dissections, and all end with a concluding part.
我注意到它们都被分成了不同部分,每首诗都有结尾段。
My last two books, for instance, This Blue, have central sections that speak to a complex set of associations with particular places.
我的上两本书《蓝色》的中心部分讲述了与特定地点的一系列复杂关联。
It's also the case that some of the poems are so strongly voiced that if I were to begin with them.
还有一种情况是,有些诗的表达非常强烈,如果我从它们开始。
People might think the entire book is in that one mode, and I wanted to avoid that.
人们可能会认为整本书都是一种模式,我想避免这种情况。
And I often write sequences. So I almost think of the sections more musically.
我经常写序列。 所以我认为这部分更符合音乐的特征。
Emm, Emm...
嗯,嗯…
And I'm interested in ushering people through a series of mental and tonal landscapes, of sound- and thought-worlds.
我感兴趣的是引导人们体验一系列的声音和思想世界里的精神和音调景观。
For good or ill, my books have not tended to be that narrative.
无论是好是坏,我的书都不倾向于那样的叙述。
Is this the reason that each section has a concluding part?
这就是为什么每一部分都有结尾诗节的原因吗?
I think a concluding stanza marks a kind of "sending forth of the book" to the world.
我认为结尾诗节标志着“把书发出去”的感觉。
It also allows you to back away from something, to modulate out of certain kinds of intensities, and to gesture maybe to something in the future.
它还允许你从某件事中抽出,调节某种特定的强烈氛围,并可能暗示未来的某些东西。
It can either restate a note, or it can refer to something more broadly.
诗节既可以重述基调,也可以泛指更广泛的东西。
Do you have a particular approach to reading your own poetry aloud?
你有什么特别的方法来大声朗读自己的诗歌吗?
Well, you can get locked into your own sense of things, and your way may not be the best way to read that poem.
嗯,你可能会被自己对事物的感觉所束缚,你的方式可能不是读那首诗的最佳方式。
You can get a little muscular contraction on your face.
你可以让你脸上的肌肉收缩。
One doesn't want to have facial tics, one doesn't want things to be routinized, and I think about that.
一个人不想有面部抽搐,一个人不想事情常规化,我是这么想的。
Sometimes people are surprised by my reading.
有时人们会对我的阅读感到惊讶。
I remember a poet said to me, “Oh, your poems are a lot funnier than I thought they were.”
我记得一位诗人对我说,“哦,你的诗比我想象的要有趣得多。”
He was being very nice, but I didn't know how to take that!
他人很好,但我不知道该怎么接这句话!
Ha ha ha... Okay. Maureen, thank you so much for being with us today.
哈哈哈…… 好吧。 莫林,非常感谢你今天的到来。
Pleasure.
我很荣幸。
This is the end of the part two of the interview.
第二个访谈到此结束。
Questions 6 to 10 are based on what you have just heard.
根据刚刚听到的内容,回答6至10题。
Question 6: what did Maureen think about socializing with writers?
问题6:莫林对与作家交往有什么看法?
Question 7: what was Maureen's view about a community for poets?
问题7: 莫林对诗人圈子的看法是什么?
Question 8: why did her sections have concluding stanzas?
问题8:为什么她的诗集有结尾诗节?
Question 9: what did Maureen think about her way of poetry reading?
问题9:莫林是如何看待自己的诗歌阅读方式的?
Question10: what is the interview mainly about?
问题10:访谈的主要内容是什么?