1.beats me我不知道
Beats me. We haven't learned that.
我不知道。我们还没学过那个。
2.beat it走开
Beat it! I'm busy right now.
走开!我现在正忙着。
3.beat a dead horse白费口舌,白费力气
I've already made up my mind. There's no sense beating a dead horse.
我已经下了决心,不要再白费口舌了。
4.John Hancock签名
Put your John Hancock right here.
请在这里签名。
5.keep it under raps保密
Don't tell anyone about the party. Let's just keep it under eraps.
不要吧晚会的事告诉任何人。这件事情不要泄漏出去。
6.kick around讨论;多考虑一下
Let's kick around a few more proposals before we come to a final decision.
我们最后决定之前多考虑几个方案吧。
7.junkie吸毒者
The junkie stole money in order to buy more drugs.
这名吸毒者为了买更多的毒品而偷钱。
8.put away大吃大喝
I've never seen anybody put away so much food and still look so thin.
我从未见过这么能吃的人还这么瘦。
9.put a move on挑逗
He tried to put the moves on her, but she turned him down.
他想要挑逗她,但她拒绝了他。
10.put one's ass on the line两肋插刀,不惜一切
I put my ass on the line for you. I know you'll do the same for me someday.
我为你两肋插刀,我知道有朝一日你也会为我这么做。
n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,