The speakers discuss two possible solutions to the woman's problem.
下面的这两位谈话者将要就该女性所遇到的麻烦,提出一些解决方案。
Briefly summarize the problem then state which solution you recommend and explain why.
请简单总结一下所遇到的问题,然后请提出你的倾向的解决方案,并说明一下原因。
Now listen to a conversation between two students.
现在,请听两名学生之间的谈话。
Man: Hey, Mary, how's your volunteer work going?
男:嗨,Mary,你的志愿者工作怎么样了?
You're still involved in that after-school program with the elementary kids?
你还在做那个小学生课后项目吗?
Woman: Yeah, but I've got a problem. I am supposed to be driving a bunch of them to the zoo tomorrow.
女:对呀,但是我现在遇到一些麻烦。我本来明天是要带他们坐车去动物园的。
Man: Yeah?
男:嗯?
Woman: And I was supposed to rent a van for the trip.
女:这次旅行,我本来是要租一辆面包车的。
But I waited too long to call the rental agency to reserve one.
但是我拖了很久才给租赁公司打电话订。
Man: Oh!
男:啊!
Woman: Now it turns out they don't have any vans available for tomorrow.
女:现在的结果就是他们明天没有面包车。
I don't know what to do? These kids will be really disappointed if their trip gets cancelled.
我不知道该怎么办了?如果旅行取消了,孩子们会很失望的。
Man: Hmmm, well, doesn't one of your friends on campus have a car?
男:唔,嗯,你学校的朋友没有车吗?
I mean, couldn't you borrow it for the day?
我的意思是,你那天不能借一辆车?
Woman: Yeah, probably, but I'd need to borrow two cars or there wouldn't be enough space for all the kids.
女:呃,也许能,但是我需要借两辆车,这样才能够所有的孩子。
Man: Um, hum.
男:唔,嗯。
Woman: That's why I was going to rent the van.
女:所以我才会去租面包车啊。
And then I'd need to find somebody else to drive, too. I can't drive two cars by myself.
然后,我还需要找别人来开车。我自己不能同时开两辆车啊。
Man: Yeah, that's true. Well, I am sure you can probably find a volunteer or if you wanted to save yourself the trouble of hunting down a second driver, what about public transportation?
男:呃,确实是这样。唔,我相信你可以找到其他志愿者的。不过,如果你想省去找司机的麻烦,为什么不考虑一下公共交通?
Check the bus schedule, I think there's a bus line that goes right past the zoo.
查查公交运行计划,我觉得应该是有线路直达动物园的。
Woman: Yeah, that's a possibility, but I don't know, it might be a real challenge supervising the kids on the bus.
女:是的,这样也行,但是我不知道,要看管公交上的所有小孩,这可能对我来说真是个挑战。
Sometimes they are a handful when they get excited. It's an option, though.
孩子们一兴奋起来,有时候还真棘手。尽管,这确实是个选择。