Briefly summarize the woman's problem then state which solution you would recommend.
请简要概括一下这位女士遇到的问题,然后说明你会推荐哪种解决方案。
Explain the reasons for your recommendation.
并解释原因。
Susan, what happened to your arm? It's my wrist, actually.
Susan,你的胳膊怎么了?其实是我的手腕。
I sprained it last weekend and I am kind of upset about it
上周末我的手腕扭伤了,而且对此我有点沮丧,
because I'm supposed to play the violin in my string quartet's big concert next week.
因为下星期我原本应该在我们弦乐四重奏乐团的大音乐会上演奏小提琴的。
We've been practicing for weeks and we've already sold a bunch of tickets.
我们连续练习了好几个星期了,而且已经卖出去了很多张票。
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. What are you gonna do?
听到这个消息太遗憾了,那你打算怎么办?
Well, I was thinking about trying to play anyway,
嗯...我打算无论如何也要试试继续演出,
I mean, I really don't want to let the other three group members down.
说真的,我实在不想让乐团另外三位成员失望。
Plus the doctor said my wrist should be feeling better by then.
况且,医生说到那个时候我的手腕应该会好一些。
Oh, OK, so problem solved, right? Not exactly.
哦,好吧,那问题就解决了呀,对吗?也不完全是。
I'm worried I'm gonna be out of practice,
我有点担心会缺乏练习,
like I haven't been able to play the violin since I sprained my wrist.
你看,自从我扭到手腕之后就一直没法练习小提琴。
What if I don't play well? I'd make the rest of the group sound bad.
万一我表现得不好怎么办?到时候一定会连累乐团其他人的。
Why don't you get somebody else to take your place?
那你为什么不找别人代替你呢?
Well, there's only one other person I know who could do it and that's Jim.
嗯......我只认识一个能做这件事的人,那就是Jim。
He's a great violinist and I'm sure he'd say yes.
他小提琴拉得很棒,而且我确定他一定会同意的。
The thing is he's not very reliable.
问题是他有点不太靠谱。
I mean, I'm in the orchestra with him and he's always showing up late for rehearsals.
我们俩在同一个管弦乐队,他排练的时候总是迟到。
Oh, so you're not sure you can depend on him.
哦,所以你不确定他是不是靠得住。
Exactly, and we have less than a week left to rehearse for the concert.
正是如此。而且现在离音乐会只剩不到一个星期的排练时间了。
We'd really need him to show up on time for all our rehearsals.
我们真的很需要他准时参加所有的排练。