Listen to a conversation between two students.
请听下面两个学生间的对话。
Hey, Madison, what's wrong?
Madison,出什么事了?
Oh, I'm just struggling about what to do.
我只是在纠结应该怎么办。
I won an award from the Pacific Journalism Institute for an article I submitted, and…
我因为投递的一篇文章而获到了太平洋新闻研究所的一个奖项,可是...
Doesn't sound like anything's wrong.
这听起来一点问题也没有啊。
Well, it's a huge honor to win and there's an award ceremony they've invited me to attend which I am super excited about.
能获得这个奖项当然是种无上光荣,而且他们还邀请我去参加颁奖典礼,我对此也感到超级兴奋。
But, and here's what's frustrating, I've got a philosophy exam that scheduled to end right when the ceremony begins.
但是,令人沮丧的事情就是,颁奖典礼开始的时候正好就是我的一个哲学考试要结束的时候。
Uh oh! You're saying you'll just be finishing up taking the exam right when the ceremony starts?
哎呀,你是说典礼开始的时候你正好即将结束考试是吗?
Exactly!
正是!
But those ceremonies never start on time, they give long introductions,
可是这些颁奖典礼从没准时开始过啊,
you know, after a general speech or something before they ever get to handing out awards.
通常他们在大演讲什么的结束后,都会讲一段很长的介绍词才会慢慢开始颁奖。
I'm sure they won't be ready to hand out your award right at the beginning.
我相信他们不会准备在典礼刚开始的时候就立马给你颁奖的。
Just go when you're done with the test. You won't miss anything important.
你在考完试之后去就可以了。不会错过什么重要事情的。
Maybe, but that's a bit risky. I don't want to miss being there when they announce my name.
也许吧,但还是有点冒险。我可不希望当他们宣读我名字的时候,我还没到场。
Well, have you talked to your professor about this?
那...你跟你的教授说过这件事吗?
Dr. Forester? No.
Forester博士吗?还没呢。
Maybe she'll let you take the test some other time.
也许她会同意让你下次再考啊。
True. She lets people reschedule exams sometimes.
确实。她有时候会允许我们重新安排考试时间。
But she always make them take it a couple of days early,
但她一般会让我们提前几天考,
that'll mean less studying time for me which I'm not thrilled about.
这样的话复习时间就少了,我对此可一点儿都不兴奋。
Less time to study, Oh!
啊,复习时间会减少啊。
Like I said, I'm still struggling about what to do.
就像我说过的,我对该怎么办还是感觉很纠结啊。