Seventeen Too Lazy
第十七课 太懒了
As with all such situations, Jack just couldn't bring himself to ask for a refund.
正如所有这种时候一样,杰克就是不能让自己要求退款。
The dashborad of his new Mercedes had been damaged on the assembly line and Jack was too lazy to do the formalities of taking it back,
他新买的梅赛德斯汽车的仪表板在装配线上受到了损坏,杰克却懒得办那些繁杂的手续把车送回去
filling out all of the paperwork and waiting for a new car.
因为那还要填一大堆的表格,还要再等一辆新车。
When his best friend, Murray, asked him for a ride, Jack assented to it sheepishly.
当他最要好的朋友茉莉要求搭他的车时,杰克局促不安地同意了。
Murray noticed the gash right away.
茉莉很快就注意到了车上的损伤。
"Jack, you have to take this back!" Murray said.
"杰克,你得把车退回去!"茉莉说。
"I know. I know. I just haven't had the time as yet!" Jack replied.
"我知道,我知道。到目前为止,我还没找到时间。"杰克回答说。
"I understand you man. But as long as you have this car, you're going to regret doing nothing about this guly gash!
"我理解,伙计。可是只要你开这辆车,你就会为对这个难看的地方无动于衷感到遗憾。
Let me assist you with this,okay?
让我来帮你做这件事,好吗?
I mean,aside from all of the other times that I have helped you, I think you need me for this!
我是说,除了我给你提供的所有其他帮助,我认为你需要我帮这个忙!
How could you ever ask a date over for a ride?
你这样怎么能请约会对象过来坐你的车呢?
Wouldn't you be embarrassed?
你不觉得不好意思吗?"
"Okay, okay. You can help."
"好的,好的,你真能帮忙。"
"Thanks."
谢谢啦!
Sometimes I think you ask for it, man.
有时候我认为你就是自找麻烦,伙计。
You need to stop assigning others to do your busy work and do it yourself!"
你不能老派别人给你擦屁股,你得自己擦。"
"Hey. I didn't ask for your criticism, okey?
"嘿,我没有要你批评我,好吗?
That's as far as you go!" Jack said as he stopped the car suddenly.
你就到此打住吧!" 杰克说,他突然把车停了下来。
"Get out ! I'll do it myself!" Jack replied.
"出去,我自己来做!"杰克回答说。
"Hey, hey! Hold on here! I'm not aspiring to lose a friend.
"嘿,嘿,等一下! 我并不想失去一个朋友。
Calm down.
冷静一点。
I was just trying to get it ascribed to your own improvement!"
我不过想把这件事归功于你自己的进步。
"Well it worked! I'll takeit back tomorrow!"
"嗯,这还差不多!我明天就把它送回去!"