1.Prom Committee is a chick thing...but I gotta cover it for the paper anyway...and they need a guy to help choose the music...so I need your play list. Hey, listen, I was wondering, did you have a date to...
【句子翻译】舞协其实主要都是女孩儿,但是我总得在报纸上写点什么,她们又需要找个男孩儿帮着选选音乐,所以我需要知道你喜欢什么曲子。嘿,听着,我想知道你是不是和那个谁有约会?
【句子解析】chick thing女孩子的事; cover for代替;wonder想知道,I'm wondering...我想知道;
I'll cover for Jane while she's on holiday.
简休假时我替补她工作。
Can you cover for me on friday?
星期五能不能请你替我个班?
I'm wandering whether you could offer me a help.
我想知道你能否帮我一下。
2.How you liking the rain, girl? Better get used to it, girl.
【句子翻译】你喜欢雨么?最好快点适应适应这儿的雨。
【句子解析】第二句是You'd better get used to it的缩写形式;get used to...“习惯、适用于...”;
It is difficult to get used to another country's customs.
要适应另一国家的风俗习惯是很困难的。
You'll get used to the climate soon.
你不久就会习惯这种气候。
3.That was really awesome. Why you shooting down my game? Let a player play.
【句子翻译】那敢情好了。你干嘛妨碍我?你得让玩家有游戏可玩。
【句子解析】shoot down“击毙、放弃、驳倒”;
Why did you shoot him down like that?
你为什么那么严厉地批评他?
The worker shoot down the manager's idea of shorter vacation.
工人们驳倒了经理缩短假期的主意。