1.Do you ever feel like a chess piece yourself? In a game being played against your will?
feel like “感觉像是...”;
What does it feel like ?
这东西摸上去像什么?
against one's will “违反某人的意志,违心地,不得已”,与此有关的还有at one's (own)sweet will (=at one's own will)“随意地,随心所欲地”,at will“任意地, 随意地”,bend sb. to one's will (=lay[impose] one's will on sb.)"把意志强加于人";
She is very demanding and her husband has to against his will in many matters.
她是个很挑剔的女人,在很多事情上她丈夫不得不违心而为。
He sold his car against his will.
他不得已才卖了汽车。
You can vary the speed at your will.
你可以随意变化速度。
Nobody could bend me to his will.
谁也不能使我屈从他的意志。
2.I'm sure...“我确信...,我相信...”,表示某人对某事有把握;
I'm sure that he is coming to help me.
我相信他会来帮我的。
The teacher is sure that these books are interesting.
这位老师相信这些书本都很有趣。
3.Why don't we ring for some music?
why don't you...?你为什么不...?后面跟动词原形,表示提供建议,与why not(”为什么不...“)相同;
Why don't you try another way?
为什么不试试别的办法呢?
Why not have a picnic this afternoon?
今天下午去野餐怎么样?
而why didn't you...?在一般情况下有责备的意思;
Why didn' t you finish your homework yesterday?
你昨天为什么没有完成作业?