1. play with 玩弄,与...一起玩
It's wrong for a man to play with a woman's affections.
男子玩弄女子的情感是不对的。
Watch out! Don’t play with that thing.
危险,别淘气。
情景对话:
A: I don't think he's serious. 我觉得他不是很严肃。
B: Yeah, he sort of play with the work. 是的,他对工作有些玩弄的意味。
2. ditch 表示要马上离开一个不想再呆的地方;ditch后不仅可以跟地点,也可以跟人,指离开某人;
It's too noisy. Let's ditch this place.
这儿太闹,我们赶快走吧。
Hey, can we ditch the library now! I am really tired and could use some coffee.
嗨,让我们离开这图书馆吧,我累了,想喝咖啡。
情景对话:
A: I've had lunch already! 我吃过午饭了!
B: Oh, I haven't yet, I have to ditch you now. Bye! 噢,我还没呢,我不奉陪了,再见了。
3. yank out 拉出去,拖出去...
yank a person out of his seat
强拉一个人离开座位
The dentist is going to yank this tooth out.
牙医将拔掉这只牙。
情景对话:
A: It's said that boxer got hurt. 据说那名拳击手受伤了。
B: Yeah, so his opponent yanked his hat out of the ring. 是的,这样他的对手就把他击出了拳击台。
4.Not even close 差远了,门都没有,八字都没一撇
情景对话:
A: Did I give you the right answer? 你的回答正确吗?
B: Not even close. 差十万八千里。
5. take control 采取主动,控制
The story was not yet complete. Just as in real life accidents can happen; a character might take control.
故事还未结束,正如现实生活中有诸多偶发事件一样,说不定哪个人物会占上风。
Take control your own destiny.
掌握你自己的命运。
情景对话:
A: I'm not sure whether John love me. 我不确定约翰是否喜欢我。
B: Take control, and before you know it you will mesmerize the person of your choice. 主动点,你已经让你看中的人很着迷了。
6. Are you sure (that)...?你确定...? are you sure引导的是宾语从句,连接词that无意义,在从句中不充当任何成分,可以省略;
Are you sure that's the right move?
你有把握这是正确的行动吗?
Are you sure these test results are reliable?
你能肯定这些考试成绩是可靠的吗?
情景对话:
A: Are you sure you`re all right? You look a bit worried today. Is anything wrong?你肯定没事?你今天看上去有点着急。是不是出了什么事?
B: Nothing, maybe I'm too tired. 没事,可能是太累了。
7. clean out 有很多意思,这里指“短时间内被抢购完”, 还表示“清理干净”;
She cleaned out her savings in a short time.
她在短时间内把全部积蓄都花光了。
It's time you clean out the drawers of your desk; they are full of old paper.
是你应该把你的抽屉清除干净的时候了,里面全是废纸。
情景对话:
A: Why didn't you buy fruits? It's said there was a sale on Carrefour. 你怎么不买些水果?听说家乐福正在搞促销。
B: Oh, don't mention it, it's cleaned out before I arrived there. 噢,别提了,我到之前已经卖完了。