Why do I stand up here? Anybody? 我为何要站在这儿?谁知道?
To feel taller. 以感觉高些。
No! Thank you for playing. 不对,谢谢你的回答,达顿先生。
I stand upon my desk to remind myself that we must constantly look at things in a different way. 我站在我的桌上,以提醒我自己必须经常用不同的角度看事情。
See, the world looks very different from up here. 看到了吗,由这上面看见的世界很不一样。
You don't believe me? Come see for yourselves. Come on. Come on. 不相信我吗?自己来看,来啊!来啊!
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way. Even though it may seem silly or wrong, you must try. 当你认为你知道某件事时,必须再以不同角度看它,即使那看来似乎愚笨或错误,你们都必须试试。
Now when you read, don't just consider what the author thinks. Consider what you think. 当你阅读时,别只想到作者的见解,想想你的见解。
Boys, you must strive to find your own voice. 孩子们,你们必须努力寻找自己的声音。
Because the longer you wait to begin, the less likely you are to find it at all. 因为你等候起步的时间愈长,便愈不可能找到它。
Thoreau said, "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation." 梭罗说,多数都在安静的绝望中过活。
Don't be resigned to that. Break out. 别听任此事发生。要突破!
Don't just walk off the edge like lemmings. Look around you. 别像旅鼠般盲目由崖边跳下。环顾四周。
There you go, Mr. Priske. Thank you! 对了,普利斯基先生!谢谢!
Yes! Dare to strike out and find new ground. 要有胆量出发,找到新观点。
Now, in addition to your essays, I would like you to compose a poem of your own, an original work. 除了你们的报告,我要你们作一首诗,一首你们自己作的原创性的诗。
Ooh! That's right. You have to deliver it aloud, in front of the class on Monday. 没错,周一你们得在课堂上大声朗读。
Bon chance, gentlemen. 祝好运,各位先生。
Mr. Anderson. Don't think I don't know this assignment scares the hell out of you, you mole. 安德森先生,别以为我不知道这项作业吓坏你了,可怜虫。
n. 罢工,打击,殴打
v. 打,撞,罢工,划