我说:拜托,我才不想知道你温柔的一面。
I mean, you tell me you're a supermega ultra-lightning babe,
尽管向我展露你超级霹雳劲爆的一面。——《超人总动员》
mild-mannered: 温柔的
mild adj. 温和的,柔和的
He has a mild nature.
他的性格温和。
ego n. 自我,自负,自尊
We can't transcend the limitations of the ego.
我们无法超越自我的局限性。
That failure was a blow to my ego.
那项失败是对我自尊心的一个打击。
A highspeed pursuit between police and armed gunmen is underway,
警方和持枪歹徒正在圣巴罗大道,
Traveling northbound on San Pablo Ave.
展开一场惊险的飞车追逐。——《超人总动员》
pursuit: 追赶,追求
We work hard in pursuit of happy life.
我们为追求幸福生活而努力工作。
We immediately set out in pursuit of the enemy.
我们立即出动追击敌人。
Woman: My cat, Squeaker, won't come down.
我的猫喵喵不肯下来。
Incredible: Certainly. I suggest you stand clear. There could be trouble.
没问题,不过请你让开。可能会有危险。
Woman: No, he's quite tame.
不会啦,它很乖的。——《超人总动员》
tame: 驯服的,顺从的
A boy was playing with a tame snake.
一个男孩在玩一条驯服了的蛇。
She is too tame.
她太柔顺了。
Elastigirl: I have a previous engagement.
我已经有约了。——《超人总动员》
previous: 以前的,早先的
His previous attempts had been unsuccessful.
他以前的尝试没有成功。
My mind flashed back to our previous meeting.
我又想起了我们上次会面时的情景 。