Mr. Draper, Mr. Romano, you both seemed more relaxed than I expected.
Draper先生 Romano先生 你俩比我想的要轻松一些
Do you have some kind of surprise for the tobacco people?
已经给烟草公司想好好点子了吗?
I 'm doing my own research.
我自己也做了调查
If you 're planning to continue with medical testimony, you 'll only be invitingfurther government interference.
如果你还要继续用医学证明 只能招来政府更进一步的干预
We must police ourselves.
我们必须自救
There's your slogan.
听起来怎么像口号
The medical thing is dead.
医学证明行不通了
We understand that.
我们知道
Yes, dead.
是的 没戏了
An apt choice of words, considering the public is convinced that cigarettes are poisonous.
这个词用的妙 考虑到公众现在都认为香烟是有毒的
If we can not insist that they 're not, I believe my most recent surveys have provided a solution.
既然我们不能坚持无毒论 我想我最近的一份调查可以算作一个出路
We can still suggest that cigarettes are part of American life, or too good to give up,
我们可以说香烟是美国人生活的一部分 我们离开它无法生活
or, most appealing, an assertion of independence.
或者 更有说服力一些 它使我们自由独立的象征
So, basically, if you love danger, you 'll love smoking.
你的意思是爱冒险的人都爱抽烟
We can put a skull and crossbones on the label.
我们可以在香烟上画个骷髅图
I love it.
这主意太妙了
Before the war, when I studied with Adler in Vienna, we postulated that what Freud called the death wish is as powerful a drive as those for sexual reproduction and physical sustenance.
战前我和阿德勒在维也纳留学的时候 我们学到一种被佛洛依德称为死亡欲望的驱动力 和繁衍后代及物质需求一样的强烈欲望
Freud, you say?
你说佛洛依德
What agency is he with?
他是哪个部门的
So we 're supposed to believe that people are all living one way and secretly thinking the exact opposite?
你要我们相信 人们看似为生存奔波 而内心却想着结束生命
That's ridiculous.
这太荒谬了
Let me tell you something, Miss Guttman ... 我来告诉你古特曼小姐 Doctor.
博士
Dr. Guttman.
古德曼博士
Psychology might be great at cocktail parties, but it so happens that people were buying cigarettes before Freud was born.
心理学在鸡尾酒会上可能吃得开 但在有佛洛依德之前人们就开始吸烟了
The issue here is not why should people smoke.
我们现在的问题不是人们为什么要抽烟
It's why should people smoke Lucky Strike.
而是人们为什么要抽幸福时光香烟
Suggesting that our customers have a ... What did you call it?
说我们的顾客有一种 你叫它什么来着
A death wish?
死亡的欲望
I just do not see that on a billboard.
我可不想从广告牌上看到这个