影视片花:
台词欣赏:
Ms. Fairfax:How do you do, my dear?
亲爱的,你好吗?
Jane:Are you Mrs. Fairfax?
您是Fairfax夫人吗 ?
Ms. Fairfax:Indeed I am.
我正是。
What a tedious journey you must have had. Your hands must be frozen. Here.
那么久的路程一定很沉闷吧,手肯定冻僵了。来吧。
Goodness. How young you are.
天哪, 你真年轻!
Jane:I'm quite experienced, I can assure you.
我 向您保证经验丰富 。
Ms. Fairfax:Of course you are. I'm sure we're very lucky to have you.
肯定的 你能来是我们的福气
Leah, would you ask Martha to bring a little hot port and cut a sandwich or two?
Leah, 请让Martha拿一点热葡萄酒和一两块三明治来, 好吗?
Drow nearer the fire.
离壁炉近点。
John is taking your trunk up to your room.
John 把你的行李拿到你的房间了。
I've put you at the back of the house, I hope you don't mind.
你别介意我把你安置在后面的房子了 。
The rooms at the front have much finer furniture, but they're so gloomy and solitary, I think.
前面的房间里虽然有很多高档家具,但我觉得它们看来阴暗孤寂。
I'm glad you're come.
你能来我真是太高兴了。
To be sure, this is a grand old house, but I must confess that in winter one can feel a little dreary and alone.
的确, 这是一栋雄伟的老宅, 但我不得不承认冬天时会有些孤寂冷清。
Leah's a very nice girl, and John and Martha are good people, too,but they are servants.
Leah是个善良的女孩, John 和Martha也都是好人 ,但他们都是仆人。
One cannot talk to them on terms of equality.
和他们谈话时要顾及身份。