你想和我一起吃晚饭吗?
MIKE: Just the two of us?
就我们俩?
SUSAN: Heh, well, and Julie. Uh, it's a thing we do when somebody new moves into the neighbourhood, we invite them over for a homecooked meal. Sort of a tradition.
呃,还有Julie。当有新邻居搬来时,我们会邀请他们来家里吃一顿晚餐,是老传统。
MIKE: You said you were a lousy cook.
我记得你说过你厨艺不精。
SUSAN: Well. I order takeout.
那么,我叫外卖。
MIKE: Oh, you invite them over for a homecooked meal and you order takeout.
哦,你邀请别人来家里吃饭,然后叫外卖。
SUSAN: Yeah, it's sort of a new tradition. I'm working out the kinks.
是的,这,这是一种新的习俗。我突发奇想。
MIKE: I'll tell you what. How'bout I cook? And you guys come over to my place.
这样吧,我来做饭。你们来我家吃饭,怎么样?
SUSAN: Oh. Great.
好极了。
MIKE: Friday night at six?
星期五晚上六点?
SUSAN: I'll be there.
我会准时到的。
MIKE: Alright.
好的,走吧。
SUSAN: Bye, Bongo.
再见,Bongo。
SUSAN: Julie? Mike Delfino just invited us to dinner Friday night.
Julie! Mike Delfino刚刚邀请了我们星期五晚上去吃晚饭。
JULIE: He did? Cool.
是吗?太酷了。
SUSAN: But only I'm going. Because you're gonna come down with something semiserious that requires bedrest and fluids.
但我要一个人去。因为你得了比较严重的病,需要好好休息和打吊针。
NARRATOR: Julie was glad Susan was rekindling her love life. Of course, she was unaware of her mother's recent track record with fire.
Julie 很高兴Susan重新开始了她的爱情生活。当然,她她妈妈纵火的劣迹。
EDIE: It's all gone. Everything my exhusband's worked for all those years. Gone.
都过去了……我的前夫这些年的辛苦都白费了。
MRS HUBER: Don't worry about clothing, I already started a collection from people in the neighbourhood.
好了,别担心衣服了,我已经开始去邻里搜集一些衣服了。
EDIE: What? I don't wanna wear other people's old crap.
什么?我可不想穿别人的旧衣服。
MRS HUBER: Edie, you can be homeless or you can be ungracious. You really can't afford to be both.
Edie,你可以无家可归,也可以穿着寒碜。如果两样兼备可够你受的。
EDIE: That reminds me. My insurance cheque still hasn't come yet. Can I stay with you for a few more weeks?
这提醒了我,我的保险支票还没到呢。我能在这多住几个星期吗?
MRS HUBER: Of course. What kind of Christian would I be if I denied shelter to a friend in need? Oh look, here's something we can salvage, your measuring cup. We can just scrape off the burnt part and it'll look good as new.
当然,如果我帮助处在困境中的朋友,还算什么基督徒呢?哦,看这个,我们可以变废为宝。我们将烧坏的部分刮掉,就会和新的一样了。
EDIE: That's not my cup. Mine was plastic.
那不是我的杯子,我的是塑料制的。
MRS HUBER: Well, how did it get in here?
那它是怎么到这来的?
EDIE: I don't know. Who cares? Now would you put that down and start looking for jewellery?
我不知道。这有什么大不了的?现在你能把那玩意放下,然后开始找珠宝了吗?