RACHEL: Hey. Whe-ell, look at you, finally got that time machine workin' huh?
你看你,终于用时光机回到过去了
JOEY: Seriously, you like it? This guy was sellin' them on 8th avenue and I looked at 'em and I though, you know what I don't have?
喜不喜欢?在第八街跟一个家伙买的,我看到的时候心里在想……”知道我缺什么吗?”
MONICA: A mirror?
镜子?
JOEY: Fine, make fun. I think it's jaunty.
很好,笑啊,我觉得很快活
MONICA: Wow, for a guy who's recently lost his job, you're in an awfully good mood.
对一个刚失业的人来说,你心情很好呀。
JOEY: Hey, I'll be alright. I mean it's not like I'm starting from sqare one. I was Dr. Drake Remoray on Days of Our Lives. Heh? I mean that's gotta have some kind of cache.
不要紧的,又不是说我要从零开始,我可是”我们的日子”里面的雷崔克大夫,那一定可以算是一项储备吧。
MONICA: Cache? Jaunty?
储备?快活?
JOEY: Chandler gave me word of the day toilet paper. I'm gonna get some coffee.
钱德送我一卷”每日一句”卫生纸,我要去点咖啡了。
PHOEBE: Oooh, so so so, did you read the book?
书看了没有啊?
MONICA: Oh my God, it was incredible.
天啊,简直不可思议
PHOEBE: Didn't it like totally speak to you?
是不是完全说出你的心声?
RACHEL: Woah, woah, woah, what book is this?
什么书啊?
MONICA: Rachel you have to read this book. It's called Be Your Own Windkeeper. It's about how women need to become more empowered.
瑞秋,这本书你一定要读,书名是《掌握自己的“风”》,是写女人需要拥有更多权力。
PHOEBE: Yeah and oh, and but there's, there's wind and the wind can make us Goddesses. But you know who takes out wind? Men, they just take it.
对,但是有…有风,风能够让我们变成女神,知道谁取走我们的风吗?男人,他们就那样拿走了
RACHEL: Men just take out wind?
男人就这样拿走我们的风?
PHOEBE: Ya-huh, all the time, cause they are the lightning bearers.
对呀,一天到晚,因为他们是闪电使者。
RACHEL: Wow.
哇
PHOEBE: Yeah.
是的
RACHEL: Well that sounds kinda cool, kinda like The Hobbit.
听起来蛮酷的,有点像是哈勃
MONICA: It is nothing like the Hobbit. It's like reading about every relationship I've ever had, except for Richard.
那完全不像哈勃,那就像在读我有过的每一段关系,除了理查之外。
PHOEBE: Oh yes, no, Richard would never steal your wind.
理查绝不会偷走你的风
MONICA: No.
不。
PHOEBE: No, 'cause he's yummy.
不会,因为他很可口
MONICA: Yes. But all the other ones.
对,但是其他的都会
PHOEBE: Oh yes. Oh and, the part about how they're always like drinking from out pool of inner power, but God forbid we should take a sip.
还有,他们总是吸走……我们储存的内在力量,但我们连尝一口都不准。
JOEY: Anybody want a croan.
谁要吃根长条糕
PHOEBE: Ok, this is a typical lightning-bearer thing. Right there, it's like, um, 'Hello, who wants one of my fallic shaped man cakes?'
这就是典型的闪电使者行为,就像是……”哈罗,谁要来一根我的老二形蛋糕?”