Your father decided that he needed to have an office...
你爸决定他需要一间办公室…
and, of course, it wouldn't do to have it in the house.
当然,你爸根本没法动手
So... You'll know better than me what's important.
所以…你比我清楚什么比较重要
What is it?
那是什么?
It was during the war. Your father went missing. They thought he was dead.
战时的文件.你爸失踪,军方以为他阵亡了
Oh, that really happened?
那是真的?
Not everything your father says is a complete fabrication.
你爸说的不全都是谎言
I think I'll go check on him.
我想我要去看看他
I need to lie down for a bit. - Okay, go.
我要去躺一下 - 好,去吧
After the war, the sons of Alabama returned home, looking for work.
战后,阿拉巴马的年轻人返乡找工作
Each had the advantage over me. They were alive, while I was officially deceased.
每个人都比我强.在我被宣告阵亡时,他们都活着
With my prospects few... I took a job as a traveling salesman. It suited me.
由于我的机会不多…我成了推销员,这很适合我
If there was one thing you can say about Edward Bloom.it's that I am a social person.
要说爱德华布鲁有啥特质…就是我是个善于交际的人
Congratulations. - Thank you, sir.
恭喜了 -谢谢
I could be gone for weeks at a time.
我可能一离家就是一周
But every other Friday, I put all the money I made.into an account set aside for a proper house...
但每半个月 我就会把我赚的钱…全存入银行…
with a white picket fence.
只为买栋有白色离笆的房子
I'd like a moment of your time to tell you about my new product.the Handi-matic.
各位,请看我的新产品…魔奇手
A few years later, I added other products and other cities until my territory stretched from the coast to western Texas.
几年后,我多加了一些商品…从沿岸拓展业务到德州西部