Detective Barton:Bree. I have to say, I was very pleased to get your call. I mean.
你...Bree, 呃,我想说, 我, 呃,非常高兴接到你的电话。
I am surprised you want to have anything todo with me, given our recent history.
我是说, 我很吃惊,你愿意和我出来谈谈,评价一下我刚刚过去的历史。
Oh you mean, you having suspected me of murdering my husband?
哦, 你是指你曾经怀疑,我谋杀了自己丈夫的事情?
Detective, that is all water under the bridge now.
探长先生, 那件事情早已经过去了。
I am very glad to hear you say that.
听你这样说我非常高兴。
I do have to confess that I have an ulterior motive. I need to ask you a favor.
但是, 我不得不承认,这次我确实另有所图。我需要你帮我个忙。
Oh, well, shoot, whatever I can do.
哦, 是吗, 请讲, 我尽力效劳。
We have these, um, new neighbors, the Applewhites, it‘s a mother and her son, the just moved here from Chicago.
我们这里来了一个新邻居---Applewhite一家,一位母亲和她的儿子,他们刚从芝加哥搬来。
And they seem very nice, but there is, there is something about them that‘s off. They are odd.
他们看起来很友善,但是有些...有些他们的事情...不合常理。他们很... 古怪。
Odd?
古怪?
Yeah, they are secretive and watchful and there was a dead body found in front of their house.
是的, 他们神神秘密的警惕性很高而且在他们门前还发现了一具尸体。
I can‘t run a background check on your neighbors for being odd.
我是不能因为古怪而去调查你邻居的背景的。
Is that why you wanted to see me, to ask me that?
你想见我就是为这事? 让--让我调查这个?
Yeah, why?
是的, 怎么了?
Well, it‘s just during the investigation, I just thought there was just a kind of, um, spark between us.
哦, 我以为…在调查你丈夫的案件期间,你我之间... 擦出了一些火花
You know, I thought this might be a date.
我以为这次可能算是个约会。
Ah, no. I just wanted to ask you a favor.
哦, 不。我只是想请你帮个忙。
It‘s fine. No harm done.
好的, 没什么。
When do I ever get to have lunch with such a lovely lady anyway, date or no date.
既然能有幸邀请如此可人的女士共进午餐,约会或者...不是约会。
Are you sure that you can‘t check on the Applewhites?
你确定不能调查Applewhite一家吗?
I mean I just know that there‘s something there. And you know I have a sixth sense about people.
我的意思是, 我只感觉有故事在里面。知道吗, 我对人有一种第六感。
And yet, you got engaged to the man who murdered your husband.
不一定, 你曾经和谋杀你丈夫的人定了婚。